“Feels like home”

Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belize City
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently stayed for four nights and enjoyed the ambiance. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. We were on a first name basis very quickly. The bar and pool situated with a waterfront view could not be better. Its small and personal but big enough to host a team meeting or staff retreat. I would choose Fort George again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Julianna30
PamelaG_Belize, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Juliana,

There is no better compliment that you could have paid us, we are deeply appreciative of your kind words.

thank you.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been here many times on business trips, and every time I am greeted with friendly faces, top notch service, and all the amenities one could wish for on a business trip. Lunch at the Stone Grill is awesome too, I just finished a Mexican Salad with grilled pork and pineapple salsa, and a frozen margarita, all by the pool, tropical flowering plants all around me, a fresh ocean breeze and a gorgeous view of the sea. The staff remember me every time I visit, and my room awaits every time with robe, slippers and a fresh tropical fruit plate. The gym is great too. If you need to stay in Belize city, it's an oasis. I look forward to it, everytime.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Wonderful to know that we made your Belize City stay special and that we were able to meet your expectations.

Thank you for making the Radisson Fort George your Belize City home.

All the best,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel but only visited the spa. The masseuse is extremely professional and does wonders. Staff at front desk was helpful for the shuttle to airport too. Rooms look decent though not five stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Good morning Feyziercin,

Thank you very much for the kind review of our spa services. It's wonderful to know that we made your experience with us a pleasantly memorable one and we look forward to hosting you on your next Belize stay so that you can truly experience our customer service.

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Having returned to this hotel in belize city I find the renovations have made a great difference with regards to rooms and overall hotel ambiance for a city visit this could not be better placed , its within walking distance of the city {which has had a facelift also } THE STAFF were very friendly and efficient , the main restaurant has had a menue ghange and is excelent , the pool restaurant still has the stone plate dishes {a must try} and the bar which has been completly renovated has great snacks and again the staff are wonderfull . this is a must for visitors to belize city it will make your stay very enjoyable all the belize tours can be arranged in the hotel also . we will be back .

Room Tip: There are three options for rooms , a tower block room the main hotel block rooms and the business s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PamelaG_Belize, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Good morning Peter,

Thank you very much for your warm review of our hotel & services. Please know that we take a lot of pride in the service that we offer and continuously work at improving the experience for all of our guests.

Always a pleasure hosting you.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel didn't look so great from the main street along the Caribbean side but it turned out that the best features, namely the pool, the poolside bar and the restaurants were all behind a high cement wall (typical kind of Central American or South American walled compound). We stayed one night before our return flight to Houston/Calgary and we were very satisfied with our last night in Belize after 30 days of travelling around the country. The room we had seemed something of an upgrade with a canopy bed (?) like something out of an old movie. In fact, the lobby and general feeling of the place was kind of a throwback to some old movie. Free parking in secure lot was great. Desk staff were helpful (got us into our room a little early). TV was nice after long travels. AC was noisy but that was common throughout Belize.We went out for a walk into the area around the hotel but this is the heart of the cruising district and unless you are a cruise passenger you will be disappointed. We spent a month in-country and coming into this tourist trap was a shock. We retreated to the bar. Must say though that the view from the room over the sea was pretty special.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor. I think all rooms face the sea but the lower rooms would be screened by trees an...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kenoradave
PamelaG_Belize, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Good morning and thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that our 'old world' Colonial decor caught your attention.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Fort George, we thank you for your stay!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights on a business trip, booked by my company. Would I stay here again? - Yes.
It lived up to it's Radisson name.

Hotel room was clean, fine, everything worked. Very comfortable.

Breakfast was full of variety of foods, and good quality. Very enjoyable, and decent service.

I did order room service one night, a bowl of soup, which took an eternity to come. Almost to the point I cancelled. There was a busy bar which offered food, but I didn't eat there.

I didn't use or try any gym, pool or business facilities.

Would i stay there again, yes, no problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PamelaG_Belize, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi JH,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know that we got it right!

Have a gr8 day,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

When we arrived they did not have our reservation booked through American Airline Vacations. The lady at the front desk, assured us it was all ok, she would just charge us for the room and we could work it out with the the company at a later date. I showed her my prepaid receipt and asked if she couldn't call, I asked for the manager. They took my only print out and I didn't hear from them for couple hours. I went and asked for the manager again, by which time I had been trying to contact AA and couldn't get through, calls would have cost $45 for 5 min. The shift manager finally said my paperwork looked like I had prepaid, he would have the booking manager look at it when they came in the morning. He gave us complimentary rum punch. It was 24 hours later and 3 requests for the manager before I got confirmation that they had my payment and would not be charging me for the room. It was under the booking agent, my name had not been entered. The front desk clerk was no help, just told me it was my problem, not the way to start a trip to a new country.

The rest of the stay was fine. Nice bedding, nicely updated hotel.

We ate at the bar one evening. Service was slow but polite. Chicken strip dinner and Shrimp Poor Boy Sandwich was tasty, prices in the $10-15 USA range. We had to ask for everything we needed by stopping bus boy, he needs to be given a raise. Restaurant manager walked by and offered service also, rest of staff enjoyed standing around visiting.

We felt very secure at the hotel, it was clean, grounds crew polite. We also enjoyed a snack at the bakery on site. Yummy and attentive service, even offered to warm the items.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky H

Hi Becky,

Thank you for taking the time to write back and let us know more about your stay here at the Radisson Fort George Hotel. Our sincere apologies regarding your experience during the check in process as it was a lapse in communication on our part, we regret that it caused a terrible start to your vacation.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our employees, services and facilities despite your initial encounter. We certainly appreciate your recognition of not only the bad but also the good parts of your Radisson Belize vacation.

On behalf of all of our employees, THANK YOU :-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belize City
Bachelor Inn
Bachelor Inn
#6 of 7 in Belize City
Best Caribbean Belize Pickwick Hotel

Been to Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!