This is a good option if you want to stay right in Belize City. It is a colonial mansion built in the 1920s and converted into a bed and breakfast. The hotel is located in the historic Fort George tourist area directly across from the Radisson and near the water. Belize City is not that big and you can walk through most of the tourist areas pretty quickly. I stayed at the Great House on September 22 before going over to Ambergris Caye on a solo trip to Belize. I was pleasantly surprised with the room after some of the reviews I read. It was on the 2nd floor down the hall from the reception area. It was quiet, clean, well maintained, and in good condition. I had a nice garden view from my window. Hanifa, who was at the reception desk, was very helpful and pleasant. There was a good internet connection. The Smoky Mermaid restaurant is located on the ground floor and in the beautiful courtyard. I had seen good recommendations and reviews for it from more than one source so ate dinner there. It is a good option especially if you don’t want to venture far from the hotel at night. A continental breakfast was included with my room rate at the French Café next door. It is basically a coffee and pastry shop and is a good option for a light breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize is fast becoming the English speaking Central America destination of choice for those seeking adventure, a host of natural wonders, and beautiful people. We invite you to experience the awesome wonders of our world-renowned barrier reef system, to bask in the warmth of our numerous offshore and costal destinations, to be humbled by our magnificent archaeological sites, to be awed in the depths of our cave systems, to be totally swayed by the unique qualities of our natural and protected areas, and to be mesmerized at the biological diversity you will encounter in your daily adventures. More importantly, we invite you to be consumed by the passion, gentle embrace and authenticity of our diverse culture and people. As you travel the length and breadth of our home, we will greet each of you as friends but will let you leave as family. My staff and I invite you to choose The Great House Inn as your headquarter for your Belize Adventure. Old world charm with all the amenities for the Business and Leisure Traveler. It would be our pleasure to welcome you to this wonderful Colonial Home, which we have meticulously appointed with all the amenities for your comfort and convenience. The look and feel of yesterday with today's modern conveniences make The Great House Belize's most desirable "outpost" away from home. Our colonial heritage and ambience are faithfully preserved in all of our sixteen guestrooms. Each is individually color coordinated with a host of tasteful and comfortable appointments. All of the spacious rooms feature: Wi-Fi, Air conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Private Bath, Hair Dryer, Mini Refrigerator, Coffee maker, Direct Dial Telephone, Desk, Remote Control Cable TV, Alarm clock, Iron Board and In-Room Safety Deposit Box. Daily Complimentary: Wi-Fi, Light Continental Breakfast, Coffee, Tea, Bottle Water, Bananas and Cookies From polished pine floor to fresh fruit on arrival, our guestrooms and staff let you know you made the right choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Great House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great House Hotel Belize City
- The Great House Belize/Belize City