“Nasty hotel”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Belize City
North haven Connecticut
“Nasty hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I was tired from my plane ride and needed a spot to sleep and start my vacation. This place is shabby nasty and run down. It was taken over by the name Ramada and it seems it needs plenty repair and better on site manager. It took me three hours to get towels I ordered and they had no iron in the room. The cover of the bed smelled really unclean and the tub and sink was painted and pealing and corners of the wall was dirty. The tiles was moldy. I cam go on but this place was the very worse.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank francesG52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We decided to stay at the Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel our last evening in Belize in order to be close to the airport. Our room wasn't ready on time and then we waited over an hour after requesting towels for the room, finally helping ourselves to towels on a cart. Otherwise, the room was clean. The pool looked amazing--yet closed at 5pm. We had the breakfast plan (opens at 7 a.m.) which was plentiful. It would be nice if they had a coffee maker in the area outside of the dining area...everyone who walked in to get a cup a coffee was scolded. We did stroll through the casino area--people seemed to be enjoying themselves and we had a drink and chicken nachos (very good) at the bar/restaurant behind the hotel. An "ok" experience. The location is approximately a 20 minute drive (if you don't get lost!) to the airport which made the last leg of the trip less stressful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PJY5
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I loved this place! Clean room, very updated, free wifi, free breakfast, bowling, casino, nightclub, bar, swimming pool. What more can a woman ask for. My husband and I ended our trip to Bellize with a bang! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hazel Crest, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I just returned from Belize and stayed two nights at the Princess Hotel. I had to change rooms twice.. Once due to the bathrooms not being cleaned and the tub was extremly filty, the second time was due to a toilet overflow. Each day the bathrooms was not equipped with face towels. When I called for them it took well over forty-five minutes for housekeeping to bring them. The beds are rock hard and pillows are flat. This was such a horrible experience I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is select another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vanessa M

Travellers are raving about these Belize City hotels

Carson, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel was average based on other hotels less than five stars. However what made the entire experience most memorable was the honesty of the lady that cleaned our room may 9th 2014.
She immediately safeguarded our belonging and our money until we returned the following day.
There's still honest people in the world. Thanks a million

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view, so the only thing would be to ask for what you need, example king size bed...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank landyvonne
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My business trip came up without warning going into Spring Break. Hotel rooms in Belize City were sparse. I was able to get a good rate at the Princess with a pre-payment option - $126 and that includes breakfast. I avoid casino hotels but the Princess did not have me walk 1km through the casino to get to the elevator. The approach to the hotel has limited curb appeal - the same fate suffered by other hotels nearby. Check-in was smooth and the room was well large. Lighting was in the mid-OK range. The shower water pressure was always good. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is showing its age but is kept really clean. The room was lacking a face cloth but the housekeeper did fetch one upon request. The immediate neighborhood did not appeal to me for walking. The casino is small and the noise is contained in the casino. ID and registration is required to enter. There is a gift shop in the lobby - as well as the entrance to a 3-screen theater! The outdoor pool area is huge. All staff I encountered were cheerful and helpful. The included breakfast: an unqualified excellent. I was pleasantly surprised at selection and quality. There was some variation of dinner (yes dinner) roll with a label reading "Johnny Cakes". To me Johnny Cake has always been cornbread - but they can call it anything - the rolls were super. The hotel proved to be super convenient for all meetings that I had. Parking was free. I will likely stay there again for business trips to Belize City. Clean, comfortable, bargain.

Room Tip: I had city view and it was fine. Ocean view can be twice the price.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Archer1943
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel reminded me a lot of a hotel you would find in Reno, NV. Downstairs there is a casino, club, bar, and restaurant. The hotel is a hub for international business travelers. The area of town that the casino is in is urban. Meaning, there are people on the streets late at night drinking and talking.

I would not consider this a "family friendly" hotel, however, I also don't agree with some reviewers that this is a dangerous hotel. Belize City is a third world city. Keep your wits about you and you'll be fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Best Caribbean Belize Pickwick Hotel
The Great House
The Great House
#2 of 26 in Belize City

Been to Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!