“Disappointed!!!”
Review of D'Nest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belize City
D'Nest Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Belize City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I made my confirmed reservation four months in advance and paid. I stayed here after my inbound flight, before leaving to San Pedro, and had a good experience. They were very friendly hosts and actually gave me an upgraded room, and dropped me off at the airport to catch my flight on Tropic Air (which I highly recommend) to Ambergris Caye. Their breakfast was very good, although they did not have a supply of bottled water available. Upon my return, and with much disappointment, I arrived to find that they were not home and left their grandson to tend to the guests. He took me to the owner’s BEDROOM and said that was MY ROOM for the night! Yikes! This was not okay, and when Gaby called back to the residence, I asked where my Kiskadee room reservation was. He informed me that they overbooked; keeping in mind I made my reservation and had e-mail correspondence 4 months prior. Knowing I wasn’t willing to stay in their personal bedroom, they made arrangements for me to stay at the wonderful, Villa Boscardi, much to my advantage. Francoise was a gem and so is her B&B!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter because you won't get the room you selected anyway!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Kelly M

Reviewed 11 September 2013

A small and delightful B&B with really nice owners and wonderful gardens. A really convenient place for the Airport and amazing furniture and decorations. As we were Belmopan-based, we didn't go into Belize City but that would be convenient also. The owner drove us to the airport - she and her husband were so friendly and we all talked away: a great overnight stay.

Room Tip: Walk around the Garden before Breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RovingMike123
Reviewed 11 August 2013

it is very difficult to get disspointed by a b&b but this one is the one. We were a group of six and as soon as we arrived they made a fuss because the reservation calculated my 13 year old daughter as "child" and they said she would eat breakfast as an adult so they decided to charge the difference and talking about breakfast, it was cold, fatty, stingy and who eats cooked zuccini for brakfast anyway. We took this hotel because we were staying only for the night and it is relatively near the airport but to the city center it is only 4 more minutes by car and the taxi charges the same.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolina H
innbelizecity, Owner at D'Nest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

It is just amazing that each time our customers do not pay as per our established hotel rates and we tryr to collect it or we try to collect the cancellation fee based on the cancellation policy our B & B gets a bad review. The B &B then becomes dirty, expensive, and unfriendly and the breakfast becomes terrible.

We on the other hand do our best to make them comfortable but we never seem to succeed in these circumstances.

These customers stayed with us on two different nights and we did our best for them to be comfortable. Of the two female adults, the more senior female was very friendly however the younger female adult was not. Now, we realized that the extra US$16 may be the cause her discomfort.

We pride ourselves on our breakfast! One of the female adults asked us to pleased prepared breakfast early as they planned to leave very early. Breakfast is normally served between 7:00 to 9:00 am. To accommodate them we prepared the breakfast as requested expecting them at about 7.30 am. However, for one reason or another they did not come early for breakfast but instead came almost 9:00 am. Again had they mentioned that they do not eat zucchini, we would have happily prepared something. After all we are here to serve them!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you’re in Belize to experience the cayes and the islands, then this may not be the place for you to stay. As it’s well-known, Belize City doesn’t have much to look forward to, and everything that is to-be-experienced is on the islands/cayes out of the city. But if you’re spending a night or two of relaxing and heading out west in the country, then this bed & breakfast inn is perfect for you.

Located in the north-west side of the city, in the neighborhood of Belama, D’Nest Inn sits in the corner of a road’s end. Run by a family, who live on the ground level, the decor of this cute home will awe you and the hospitality of the owners will want you to get out of your room and sit with them over a cup of tea.

The rooms are clean, well-maintained and on the upper level. With limited rooms in the ‘house’, make sure to book well in advance. Breakfast is included in the price and freshly prepared by Oty and her troupe. Every room is equipped with AC, TV and a fan; the beds are very comfortable with memory-foam pillows.

You can use their land-line to call a taxi and it will cost US$5 one-way to the downtown, which is about 5 miles away.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelOnTheDollar
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were in Belize City for one day on our honeymoon working our way through Central America. Gaby was great to communicate with before we got there advising us of the best tour company to use for Cave Tubing, way cheaper than the top results on google. The room was well decorated, 4 poster bed and powerful AC.

We had an amazing breakfast of a bean soup, jacks( bread puffs) eggs and fruit; it was local food and it was amazing. We got a lift to the bus stop, and had we been awake we would have had lifts to local bars and restaurants.

A great stay and highly recommended, great people!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Wow! The place itself is cute, but is not located in the city. Which is a good thing. Considering the city is not a place to walk at night, you would rather stay there. It's located at about a 8 minutes cab ride from the city (10$ belize) on the outskirts of the city. About a 10 minute walk to an international ATM, a very big convenience store, a couple of small restaurants, etc... The owners are excellent hosts. They take care of you no mather what. They can plan your excursions and know a lot of different options. They even gave us a ride once just cause they wanted to help. The excursion guides come and pick you up at the door. I will suggest this place to anyone who goes to the city. Make sure to say hello to mustard from my wife and I (Amely and Nicolas from Canada) he rocks :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our family of 4 used this wonderful Inn to begin our Belize vacation. We spent 2 nights there and used it as a home during our excursions to see Mayan Ruins, go zip lining and cavetubing. Gaby and Oty made it fell like we were staying with family. Oty makes a great breakfast and the garden area is a great place to relax.The local restaurants were not extravagant but adequate. Their wasn't much to do in the immediate area but we felt very safe and comfortable there. It was a short ride to the airport as we continued our vacation in San Pedro

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 26 in Belize City
Villa Boscardi
Villa Boscardi
#1 of 26 in Belize City

Been to D'Nest Inn? Share your experiences!