“It's True... A Sweet Place”
Review of D'Nest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belize City
D'Nest Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Belize City B&B and Inns
New York, NY
“It's True... A Sweet Place”
Reviewed 26 June 2006

Based on previous reviews on this site, I chose the D'Nest Inn for two nights in Belize City. It really is a sweet place, so if you have a need to overnight in Belize City you should stay here. It is close to the airport and quite comfy.

The purpose of my trip was diving, and in the future I will fly on out to Ambergris (or wherever) as soon as I arrive at the airport. As this was my first trip to Belize, though, I had decided to spend a day checking out the city. As you can tell, in my brief 40 hours there, I didn't find very much to be redeeming about the city... except for D'Nest Inn and its splendid hosts, Gabby and Otty. Delightful rooms, nice touches with the linens, decorating etc, and extremely comfortable, cool and safe. The gardens that flank all four sides of the home are carefully tended and are bursting with color. A very carefully prepared breakfast was served each day, featuring nice fresh fruits, veggies, eggs, etc. The hosts go beyond what is expected and were very helpful. I must say that the conversations I had with them were among the highlights of my brief stay in the city.

So... when in Belize City... stay here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 30 March 2006

I stayed 6 nights at D'Nest Inn as I was working in Belize for the week. I wanted somewhere that would feel like a home rather than just a room and I was not disappointed. I was able to cook my dinner in the kitchen, my breakfast was made for whatever time I got up and the rooms are just beautiful. I had as much or as little privacy as I needed. Oty and her family made me feel very very welcome and I will definitely be staying there next time. It is an easy bus or taxi journey (BZE$10) into Belize City, there is a gym and aerobics centre just around the corner (BZE$5/class)and a well stocked corner shop at the end of the road.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank Donnaprana
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 7 February 2006

Accomodations are excellent, the rooms have beautifull antique furniture & are tastefully decorated. The owners are wonderfully cordial & accomodating. The meals were terrific,interspersed with local fruits, cheeses & Belizian dishes. The gardens are beautifull with colorfull birds nesting in the trees & shrubs, hence the name D'Nest Inn. Try is, you'll love it!

3 Thank Goldensgal1
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2006

We had a WONDERFUL stay at D'Nest Inn. The owners are amazing hosts and their house is beautiful. The rooms were large and beautifully decorated and our rooms had private bathrooms. The setting is great, on a riverbank where you can watch the iguanas sun themselves in the morning. Our teenage boys enjoyed the stay as well - they loved the food (and so did the parents)! We were very fortunate to find this bed and breakfast for our first two nights in Belize. The hospitality was truly incredible. The owners arranged all our transportation with a guide, Raul, he is very knowledgeable and his kindness and warmth was an extention of what we experienced at D'Nest Inn.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank 2Flysouth
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 December 2005

This B & B was away from the city center, so you will need taxi service if you want to tour Belize City for $15 each way. Our taxi driver was very accommodating & went out of his way to please, however. The host & hostess were very nice and welcoming, and respected our privacy. They made us feel very much at home with them. Breakfast was large and good. The decor of the inn was Victorian. Our Dove room, with king bed, was large and comfortable by Belizian standards, as was the attached bath. The large window light will wake you in the morning as it shines directly at the head of the bed. The dogs barking in the neighborhood may keep you up all night, despite ear plugs, too. There are restaurants & a grocery store within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2005

D'Nest Inn was weirdly enough the first listing for a hotel that I came across while searching the web for accomodations in Belize City. I should have known then that this was fate!
Gaby and I exchanged several emails, and he was always so reliable and quick to respond with answers to my questions. I already felt like I knew him!
Our first night in Belize was at D'Nest Inn. My husband and I had just gotten married the day before, took an EARLY morning flight and landed at their doorstep. When we walked up to the house they were so inviting. They put us up in a gorgeous bedroom. Within minutes they had brought us towels soaked in lemongrass, to cool off from the heat, and fresh bowls of fruit. We had the luxury of taking an extended nap on a very comfortable bed before we headed out for dinner.
Because it was Sunday night not very many places were open. We were having minimal luck, when Gaby and Otty pulled up alongside us on the road. They were headed into town and offered us a ride. We accepted. What could have been a 5 minute car ride ended up being an hour long tour of Belize City. They showed us all the buildings, went over a brief history of parts of the city, and answered all our questions about politics, schools and social customs.
At the end they dropped us off at the Bitlmore Plaza for a late night dinner, and a comfortable stroll home. And that's really what it was for a day or two -- home. It was like having a host family for our first visit to the country.
Breakfast was no less wonderful. Otty is a great cook! We spent a few hours talking and just enjoying their company.
One of my biggest regrest is that we forgot to take a picture of them with us! They really were a highlight in our trip, and made our honeymoon that much more memorable! At some point soon I'm sure they'll end up in the Lonely Planet or the Rough Guide. But even then a short paragraph on their business won't do full justice to the lovely inviting home that they have created.
Lisa and Aaron Eugene, Oregon USA

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2005

My friends and I were lucky enough to find a room at the D'nest Inn in Belize City, Belize. It is a charming Bed and Breakfast! The rooms are nicely decorated and the air conditioners work wonderfully! You will find that air conditioners are a rare pleasure.

The owners, Otty and Gabby are the nicest couple. They treat you like family. A delicious, hot breakfast is included in the very afforadable price of a room and it is delightful. We were so impressed by the food and the manner by which we were served.

I highly recommend choosing this very unique Bed and Breakfast experience. We were so glad that we stayed at D'nest Inn instead of one of the higher end hotels.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 26 in Belize City
The Great House
The Great House
#2 of 26 in Belize City

Been to D'Nest Inn? Share your experiences!