Bachelor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Royal Orchid Hotel(Belize City)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Embassy Hotel(Ladyville)
Average 3/5
    St. George's Caye Resort(St. George's Caye)
    • Breakfast included
    • Pool
    Royal Palm Island Resort(St. George's Caye)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsper nightgreat wifisafe locationair conditioningbelizeexcursions
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 May 2011

If you want to pay top end for a room -- go somewhere else. If you wnat to rent a room and not buy it, Bahelor Inn is a good place. Another reviewer mentioned ants, and I'll tell you carry bug spray ANY WHERE YOU GO IN CENTRAL AMERICA, I'd carry it to the finest hotels too, but I'd rather save my money for playing than have a fancy room.

You can see my review and some pics at http://belizewalkabout.blogspot.com/ I just tell it as it is....

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
    Reviewed 25 April 2011

I am A Belizean, came home for the Easter weekend, and need one nite stay at a hotel before I came back home in the US. I found Bachelor Inn about 2 weeks on a travel site, I call them and ask about the hotel, and the owner Nancy told me it a nice hotel clean, and I would enjoy my stay, I went ahead made the reservation for the one night, which was 4/23/11. when I arrived at the hotel about 4 pm with my family, I had to find the owner first, she was on the third floor in her room, where she live with her son. I told who I was, and she was a little dazed out, she told me she thought I was not going to come again, I told her check in was at 3 pm, and usually guess is allowed and hour late, she said yes, and she was looking around for keys she finally found some keys, and she took me and ansd my family back to RM 308, when we open the room, i ask is some living in here she reply no, this is your suite, I look around the room, it look like she does every thing in the room by her self, so I said to my family it's a holiday weekend in Belize, it's only one night what the heck. I decide to take the room the room had 2 full size bed in a little room which was small. Nancy left us in the room for a minute but before she left she look at my mother and told her I will bring you some juice to drink, I said that was nice of her, we didn't ask her, but that was great. When Nancy came back she came back with juice and local beer, and the keys to get to the roof top, she told us we are her guess, and we need to relax drink some drinks and we can talk, it seems a little odd, but I said what the heck lets go see the roof top, when we got to roof top, Nancy start talking and telling us her husband god kill 2 yrs ago on the property, by an local, i was shock to here that coming out of her mouth, we felt bad for her, but she didn't say why, and I change the conversation. Nancy and I start walking around the property, I left my family up on the roof top, when she got me on the first floor where she have her office, she ask how am I going to pay, I said I will just pay cash because it is only one night. she said to me if you are going to pay cash you have to pay it up front, I said well every thing seems to be okay, and it's only one night so I will pay her the $47.00 US for the one night, well that's all Nancy wanted was that money, she put it in her bossom, I said she took that $47.00 and put it in her bossom. I start asking her where we could get a meal, tyhen she pointed to 2 stores down the street, and one sell Chinese food and small groceries, that was it, we was in a secluded area, were they had no resturant, nothing but just those two small chinese own stores. So that was it, I came back up to roof top to get me family change our clothes, ans decide to walk to the store to get some thing to eat. After we got the food, we came back to the hotle room to eat, and we call it a night. I was the first to go take a shower when I onpen the bathroom door I saw all these ants just walking in the back of the toilet, then I look there was just a shower and you stand on the tile and shower, she had given us 2 towels, so I ask her for some more, where did she get those towels from, I don't know, one of the towel she gave us was a baby new born blanket, this owner Nancy is CRAZY. I went a head ansd took shower, well when I look down on the floor the groat on the floor was black, I could believe what i was seeing then I turn on the water, water was runing every where in the bathroom, so I hurry up took a fast shower dried off, put my clothes on and went and got Nancy to come she what mess she have us stay in. She came up and look around then when I look her son was standing outside the door of the hotel, so what she did, before she came up to see what I want to show her she call her son. She came in and she was acting like nothing is wrong and I am showing her the lots of problem with her hotel bathroom,even told her I almost fell in the bathroom, so she she took the mat that was on the front door, and place it in the bathroom. I am telling her about the ants and the bugs, she ignore me, I demand my money back she pretent she didn't hear me, so I repeat it again, I didnot get my money back, she told me if you pay more you get better service, I told here she quote me that rate. What I learn from other residents, the entire hotel is a mess, she has people in the neighbour hood doing little work for her, in the hotel, and from what I heard from local, her husband was murdered by a local guess she had staying in the hotel. Now you see why bad things happen to Nancy ther owner and her family, when you try and get over people, and do your guess wrong, Karma Karma will come back on you. I got up early the next morning and decided to leave, when I went to give her, her keys she had a surgerical mask on her face with 3 cans of some kind of insect spray in a bag, she told me she was coming to spray my room, I look at her and said you are CRAZY CRAZY!!!!!, I gave her her keys and I told her I will put a review on the internet, about my experience at her hotel, she ask me not to do it, I told her she needs to be exposed about her unfair, services she gives her guess, and she needs to shut down that insect infested hotel. KEEP AWAY, NANCY THE OWNER IS A CON WOMAN, she will give you a bottle of juice and a bottle of beer, and give you bad service, so pleaee keep away, she is from Thialand, she will take your money, and give you service that is bad and she will not refund you your money back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
    11  Thank CarNel613
    Reviewed 28 March 2011

The price is lower than the average but you don't get much for the price. Service is spotty. For example, I didn't even know there was a roof deck until I came here to write this review. Knowing what was available could have really helped me have a better time.

The bad news is the location. There is absolutely nothing of interest in the area. So the cable TV is a big plus. The price is the best part. The room was large and had a kitchen. But it was so worn down and dirty that I really only stayed the bedroom part , which was acceptably clean for the price.

The price is the best part, but because of the location I took their taxi... which was truly miserable. They really prey on tourists by overcharging you a lot for a short ride. You still come out ahead but you sacrifice a lot of quality

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
    1  Thank Sector18
    Reviewed 22 March 2011

Nancy and her Staff were great when it comes to customer services. Very friendly group. No fancy service but nice place to be if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
    1  Thank Jaguar1978
    Reviewed 27 November 2010

I didn't want another overpriced disappointment. I'm a bachelor, so I chose Bachelor Inn and got what I paid for, which is fine. The people who run the place are decent folks. The place is near the airport, near the university, and on the north end of this rather raunchy town. Come to think of it, the whole country is rather raunchy. But that's what I like. I despise phony, overpopulated, pretentious tourist destinations (traps) like Hawaii. If you're one of those fussy tourists who wants all the luxuries in life, don't bother to go to Belize. Don't think, too, that it's all an English-speaking country because it's not. Bring your Deet if you do go; the whole of Central America's Caribbean coast is mosquito heaven. Very laid-back environment with buildings still decrepit from when I was last in Belize during 1989. Same old, same ole in Belize.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo