“please, do not stay at bachelor inn”
Review of Bachelor Inn

Bachelor Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belize City
Miami, Florida
“please, do not stay at bachelor inn”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The pictures we saw and the comments do not reflect what it really is. The hotel is pretty old, out of shape, the towels, bed clothes and bathroom were dirty. The area looks not safe for us, and we did not get any BREAKFAST like the reviews said. I don't know where did they stayed but for us it was a very bad experience. We had booked for 7 nights and we only stayed for one, even when HOTWIRE did not want to refund anything!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 June 2012

If your looking for a budget friendly hotel then this is the place for you but there isn't anything to do in the area since its in a residential neighborhood and its really not safe to walk around Belize City at night.

That being said; the room was spacious and had A/C plus free wifi and a small kitchen so all in all a very good value for the money. Nancy is great and there is a nice little area on the rooftop to relax in.

Room Tip: wifi access is on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A very friendly and safe hotel near everything. Great staff great service.
Even had a full breakfast Included.
I highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
United States
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I Stayed for 2 nights 3rd floor room 302 Beautiful & nice Ocean View. Nancy introduced me to the guest next door Rickey Pierce, he was so nice and helpful, he knows everyone in Belize who is someone. Nancy was so kind she & Rickey are good friends they invited me to drink Rum and Dance it has Crazy Fun, how many times can you meet nice people like that in life ? After doing some checking i found out that Rickey owns the only Submarine in Belize & over a mile of Beach Frontage " I never knew who I was talking to "

Room Tip: Room 302 Nice View and Big Room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Yvonn J
Newcastle, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I spent one night here before heading back to the airport and was given one of the third floor apartments looking towards the ocean, so had lots of space and facilities for my money. The AC worked well, everything was clean and the bed was comfortable enough. As it was not safe to walk around the area at night, I appreciated that the TV had a wide range of (US) stations to choose from. There is a handy little shop and fast food place nearly opposite the hotel for a quick and easy evening meal.
The roof area was locked but it is possible to ask for access. I used the chair outside my room as it provided a similar view anyway.
Breakfast was included in my room price and Nancy offered to have it brought to the room. I opted to help myself from the buffet, but there was very little to choose from- an eggs/onions combo, some unappetizing mixed veggies, bread, bananas, plus tea/coffee and "juice," all of which was in a sort of closet near the office. It filled a gap but guests shouldn't expect too much from the advertised "buffet."
I have to add that it is very unfair for one reviewer to suggest that the owner of this hotel was murdered 3 years ago due to bad service. The murderers were NOT guests, but locals trying to steal his money. Potential guests should not assume they are in danger either, although Belize City in general is not considered safe to wander around at night.
For those travelling light who want to save money, it is possible to travel to and from this hotel by local bus. When leaving, I took a bus down to the roundabout at the end of Princess Margaret Drive and transferred to a bus to Ladyville to get to the airport turnoff. Taxis are available from there for the 2 miles to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a third floor apartment even if you've only paid for a room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Ontario
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Bachelor Inn offered inexpensive accommodations for myself, my partner and our 2 traveling dogs.
Initially, I was somewhat skeptical with the location, and the police leaving on my arrival; however, I reminded myself that I was staying in Belize City and I was traveling with pets. (As such not a lot of choice on where to stay! BI is the only place that will accommodate pets)
Nancy was very helpful and seemed happy to have us stay with her. She even arrange a place for my dogs to stay, and be secure, without having to keep them locked inside the room, if I needed to leave the premise.
The room we got was simple and basic it had a TV, and fan as well as a two ringed hob, however, the hob had no propane tank. For us that was not a big deal as we were only spending one night.
With the help of one of Nancy's staff members we were able to find a great little restaurant/ take away place to have our lunch. The food was delicious, and at $6 BZE for a whole plate of food we got great value.
If you need an inexpensive and tidy room for the night, BI will satisfy!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I'm a student traveling on a limited budget at Thanksgiving break, and found this great hotel!! Nancy was so wonderful - she brought me coffee when I needed it, and was really nice to talk to. I loved the roof deck just to hang out and read and see the Caribbean. It had a kitchen so I didn't need to eat out all the time, which I really couldn't afford anyway. For students traveling on limited funds, this was really a great place!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
#3 of 7 in Belize City
Black Orchid Resort
Black Orchid Resort
#1 of 1 in Burrell Boom

Been to Bachelor Inn? Share your experiences!