“Great day with Ecological Tours!”

Ecological Tours & Services
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecological Tours & Services is the source for the best of Belizean adventures, extended vacations, cruise shore excursions and Belize City Shore Trips. As a destination management company and provider of unique adventure tours, we’ll take you cave tubing, snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley, We are your choice for independent shore excursions and adventure vacations in Belize.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We took the Shark alley tour by air after arriving on the Carnival Legend. We were a little worried we wouldn't make it back on time, but Patricia assured us we would. Someone met us at the pier and took us to their office where we paid for the tour, we did not have to pay up front when I booked this tour. We then had some time to do a little shopping before we went to the airport to catch our flight.
The flight was short and someone met us when we got off the plane. We walked about 5 minutes were fitted with snorkeling gear and off we went. The first stop was Hol Chan marine reserve. All I can say was amazing. We saw turtles, sharks, rays, all kinds of fish I have never seen before. A word of warning, the current can get very rough here. They do have life jackets available and I would suggest you take them. On our day the guide with us had to keep rescuing three teens who said they were good swimmers, but couldn't manage the rough current. They put the life jacket around your waist so it doesn't affect your snorkeling. We also had to rescue the divers that were with us that day because the current was so strong.
After Hol Chan we went to shark alley. Here they attract the sharks by feeding them. You then jump in and snorkel with them. I had a 2 foot nurse shark swim right up to my mask. It was a memory of a lifetime. There are also rather large sharks in with you also.
Then it was a boat ride back, a plane ride back, and we had ten minutes to spare to catch our last tender back to the ship.
I am so happy we took a chance with this tour company and went on this tour.

1  Thank Travel-Do F

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We traveled to Belize via the Carnival Magic. We booked an excursion (Goff's Caye) through this company from the pier after arriving. There are several companies that offer tours and I was advised that they had an agreement on prices they charge.(they all charge the same price) I chose this company and wasn't disappointed. They provided water, rum punch and supplied all the snorkeling equipment. One of the tour guides gave us a history lesson on Belize and all that it has to offer. Goff's Caye is a small, beautiful island off the reef and will give you a good day for a reasonable price. No regrets on using them and I would use them again when in Belize.

2  Thank AttalaRay
Reviewed 29 May 2014

On the recommendation of our travel agent we booked our excursion through Ecological Tours and Services. We were met on the pier by our guide who then took us to check in at the office. When everyone was together we loaded into the boat and headed off to Goff Caye. We were accompanied by a dive master 2 snorkeling guides, and others to make our day a pleasant experience. We arrived at out 1 1/2 acre island to find a quaint white sand beach and multi- colored blue water. Instructions were give to the snorklers prior to going our to the reef to explore. The water was a little rough however the snorkelers in our group loved the experience of seeing the wild life. On both trips our guide entertained us with information about Belize and the history of the country, Was a great fun day and I would book this trip again. Oh, be sure to take some money so you can buy the food that is cooked on the island while you are there, the chicken was amazingly tasty.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked this tour company to take my friend and I from Belize City where our cruise ship docked to Ambergris Caye to snorkel at the marine park. We did the excursion with the flight over the reef and it was awesome. My friend is not a diver so we went snorkeling instead and we saw more large sea creatures on this one snorkeling trip than I have seen in over 40 boat dives. Eels, sharks, sting rays, turtles, eagle rays, grouper and so many fish varieties I lost count. The excursion was SharkRay Alley by Air. Do it, you will love it.

1  Thank Rae M
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great independent shore excursion with friendly, knowledgeable & professional staff. Since we were one of the oldest, they even carried our rafts for the long walk to the caves. The caves are beautiful and full of interesting facts. If you are on a RC cruise, you will be tendered to Belize city and will not arrive before 11:00 ship time/10:00 Belize time so plan your excursion accordingly. RC has a policy where they let the RC excursions off the ship first! What a mess, you need to be one of the first in-line and you will be waiting for over an hour to be tendered. We were an hour late getting to shore but the Ecological tour company had made arrangements for a 10:30 Belize time departure instead of 9:00, we made it back by 5:15 ST with 15 min to spare.