“More than accomodating!”

Ranked #9 of 26 Belize City B&B and Inns
West Bend, Wisconsin
“More than accomodating!”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We stayed at the Belcove Hotel for three days. The hotel is very well decorated and very clean. The owners as well as the workers are extremely friendly and accomodating. If we had any questions about the area they were more than willing to give us advice on where to go and where to stay away from. There was a night guard on duty every night to ensure the safety of the guests. If you stay here or near here you must go around the corner to Marva's Restaurant. Marva is the owner and cook. The meals are absolutely delicious and are authentic belizean food. The environment friendly. Try the conch soup and the chicken with rice and beans!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank freetobeme2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
london
Reviewed 18 December 2010

we travelled down through mexico and were heading across to san pedro then down to placencia so decided to stopover for 2 nights in the city.We wanted something pretty cheap and close to ferry point.This was it.It was only 5 min from bus station an2 mins from ferry point.It was pretty basic and small, but at the price we paid you can not expect more than we got.It was clean, the staff very friendly and we had 2 good nights sleep.The location is a bit of a culture shock, but once you get around that it was all ok.The views from the back of the hotel are excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We stayed in May 2009 for 1 night enroute from Ambergris Caye. I felt I should write a review to balance some of the negativity because basically, you get what you pay for. And maybe even a little more in terms of courtesy and hospitality, because the front desk staff was lovely. Yes, it is a bit run-down but we found it clean and had all the basics for a bargain price. Overall, a super option for a pit-stop while enroute to/from your real vacation destination. And if that happens to be Belize City itself....well, I'm not sure why it would be!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2010

STAY AWAY! This place has gotta be one of the worst places I have stayed in in my extensive worldwide travels. My daughter is still suffering from the BUG BITES and requires extensive medical treatment. Filthy, idiot hosts, BedBug infested, noisy, extremely dangerous area, disgusting. I could go on but not necessary. My daughter and I scrammed out of there and setup at D'Nest which proved to be one of the really nice experiences in Belize. Host and Hostess there were the genuine article and the place is first rate and affordable. What a difference!

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank mushkerz

Travellers are raving about these Belize City hotels

Corona California
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Good location & good service. Chance to meet the street people of this country. good walking distance to all of the " down town " sections. Couldn't get better service anywhere, these people are beautiful. Stay here with an open mind. We will return in the near future.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gradfoli
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2009

My husband and I drove here from Virginia. Arriving to Belize City on New Years Eve was an adventure in itself. We chose to stay here to experience true culture of Belize City and its people. It was a great choice for us! The hotel was very clean, homey and the staff was great! Even though we didn't stay here every night we kept our belongings here and had somewhere to call home. Being that we drove here, the hotel staff made sure we had parking and provided us with maps and advice on local sights. We would definitely stay here again when staying in Belize City --- Thanks to Norma, Nicole, Lorraine and the rest of the Belcove Staff!! You guys are great! Irvine---I know you're not a part of the Belcove, but thanks to you too -----we had a blast! There is great food within walking distance from the hotel!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Hayward
Reviewed 14 November 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night, and it was not very restful. There is a restaurant down the street that plays blaring music all night long, and there was very little sound insulation to our room (which was streetside). Not really a great way to start our vacation. We didn't do much exploring of Belize City, and though I'm sure there actually is a lot to do if you spend time getting to know the area, we found little to do in the vicinity of the hotel. I wouldn't say I felt particularly safe here, nor did we feel like hanging out on the patios. Overall, I don't see the draw of this place. That being said, it was clean, it was inexpensive, and I would agree with whoever said it that an air-conditioning is a must. And yes, the pick-up from the airport is a plus.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple