“Home away from Home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
The Inn at Twin Palms
Ranked #1 of 16 Belmopan B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Home away from Home!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my 5th stay at Twin Palms over the past 2 years. As usual the breakfasts were delicious - who couldn't resist bread or muffins fresh from the oven! The broad conversation topics around the table are a great start to the day...and for those who have to get away early, Anna is kind enough to get your breakfast "to go". Sadly the extremely wet weather prevented my daily dip in the pool...but it was still warm enough to sit under cover and soak in the aroma from the plants and flowers in the garden. Can't wait for my next visit and spending time with my extended family - Anna and Tim...and their family!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of your 5th stay with us at Twin Palms!!
It is always great to see you again and yes,you have certainly become a part of our family.The weather finally cleared up and the temperature is cooler,last night it was 58 degrees,wh9ch i9s very cold for us :)
Have a very Merry Christmas and we look forward to seeing you again in the New Year,2014!!!
Best,
Anna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my first time at Twin Palms and it simply feels like home. The place is very clean and very well kept and nicely furnished. Anna is a really great host and I loved the morning conversations over breakfast. If I had to find a negative it would have to be that Twin Palms is not that centrally located but I would gladly stay here over the other places. Hands down the best place to stay in Belmopan. Thanks Anna and Smokey for being great company.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your first and recent stay with us.
It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoy their stay.We enjoy what we do at Twin Pals and like I often tell my guests,"when you love what you do,you don't work."
We hope that if your business brings you back to Belize that you stop in again.
Thanks for the work you do in our country!!
Anna & Smokey:)
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our second stay at Twin Palms and every bit as good as we remembered it. Room was very well appointed and very comfortable and the breakfasts wonderful. Tim and Anna are excellent hosts and will do althey can to ensure that you enjoy your stay. Special thanks, though, to Anna for her great kindness and thoughtfulness in helping with our daughter and her new baby - Patience and I really appreciated it. See you next year!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
You brought a huge smile to my face with your sweet words,"simply the best place to stay in Belize."
Yes,I'm still smiling as I write this response.Thank you so much for the very nice review of your second stay with us.It was absolutely wonderful to see you again and what made the stay extra special was the new addition to the family,your handsome grandson!!!!

We hope to see you again sometime in 2014,it will be our pleasure to host you once more.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I and a colleague spent almost three weeks at the Twin Palms during October, and it was a simply wonderful experience. Anna and Tim couldn't do enough for us, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We also spent several very pleasurable evenings together with them, and they are great company as well as excellent hosts. We will be returning early in the New Year, and are really looking forward to it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thanks so much for such a kind review of your stay with us.We sure had some fun times and we too look forward to your next business trip in Belize in the New Year.
It was our pleasure to have met and hosted you both with us at Twin Palms.Each guest brings a new story and many memories are created before they leave and you were no less.
Thanks again for choosing Twin Palms, we will see you very soon.
Keep on rocking!!
Regards,
Reviewed 26 October 2013

after spending a few weeks on the road my colleagues and I landed at this B&B recommended by local partners and it felt coming home. Rooms are very clean and fully furnished, there is a good pool and an amazing garden. WIFI works very well and Anna and the staff are wonderful and always ready to help and give advices. The breakfast is very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
It was very nice of you to take the time to write a few words on your recent stay with us at Twin Palms.We are very happy when our guests leave feeling satisfied enough to write about it.It was a pleasure meeting and hosting you and if ever you are in this area again,please pop in to see us again.
Best Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Just returning from my trip to Belize, I can't help but think of all the wonderful people I've met during my trip. There were no better people than the Smiths; Anna, Tim, Nicole and AD. I went to Belmopan after spending a week of volunteer work in Nicaragua for some R&R and thankfully I stayed at Twin Palms for the first 2 days in Belize. I was supposed to meet my girlfriend in Belize and she unfortunately was late for her departure the first day and then the following day the airline had a plane malfunction and delayed her trip a 2nd time. Needless to say my gf and I was quite bummed to start our vacation in this fashion. Thankfully I was in the company of the Twin Palms' family and they essentially adopted me as an extended family member.

Both Tim and Anna had great stories and life experiences that they shared with me and Nicole and AD was gracious enough to show me around town and give me a local's tour when they found out about my unfortunate predicament. Also being an animal lover, I was glad I had a chance to interact with their dogs and cats (Smokey was my favorite!)

In regards to their property, all I can say is that it's gorgeous! I took a day tour around Belmopan and saw some of the other accommodation options and they are not in the same league. The Twin Palms' rooms were clean, the pool was a god send, the available bikes was an added bonus and the food that Anna and Tim made was delicious!

If you are visiting Belize for leisure, I highly recommend Belmopan as the base for your in land tour activities since it is in the middle of the country, it's very safe and it has an airport where you can catch a flight to the Cayes after you are done exploring the ruins, etc.

If I find myself back in Belmopan, I will not hesitate to stay with my adopted family again at the Twin Palms. Do yourself a favor and experience it for yourself! There is really no need to research the other options, I promise you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Twin Palms for your hospitality and for making this part of my trip unbelizable!

-Jason

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for such a sweet review of your stay with us at Twin Palms.Yes,we surely felt like we had adopted a new family member and so sorry we did not get to meet your girlfriend as planned.We hope you enjoyed the islands and if one day you return this way again,please stop in and say hi.
We wish you all the best on your travels as you care for the less fortunate around the world.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

As my husband is often in Belize for work, children and I decided to join him and visit the country he was talking so much about. We left London (UK) not sure of what was expecting us and we had experience, wished we could go back soon! Above the places where we staid during our travelling, Twin Palms has surely left a very dear memory. We spent few nights around the end of August 2013 and then again before leaving in the begin of September. In both occasion Anna and her family have offered us a very unique experience, my daughter "adopted" Nicky (Anna and Tim's daughter) as big sister, my son enjoyed playing with the pets and exploring the beautiful garden. The room was just perfect, clean, comfortable, provided of kitchen and fridge, on the ground floor. The swimming poole, with flowers and plants around is small but perfect and we all enjoyed using it at any time of the day (my husband used to go for a swim at 5/6am before going to work...great way to start your day!). Though it was rainy season the holiday was perfect. The rain in the night gives to the place a very romantic atmosphere, while the day was hot but tolerable, perfect for a family. From Twin Palms is easy to go to the centre of Belmopan and by car you can visit several beautiful sites, including the Zoo, Maya temples, caves, or the park nearby, only one hour drive to Belize City. Nicky took me and the children for a horse ride at a stable located in an amazing place near the river and we had a fantastic experience with her, going on the horses through the jungle and the corn field! Above to the high quality of the service (Twin Palms is elegant, comfortable, peaceful, with a garden rich of splendid flowers and plants, well maintained and very clean) what has left a mark in us was the kindness and sense of hospitality shown by all the family and staff. Travelling with children in new places can be a challenge, but not here where they are welcome and treated as members of the family. My daughter learnt from Anna how to make flowers compositions, my son loved the dogs, cat and frogs...and both loved the hot chocolate with marsh mallows in the morning!My husband was happy for our staying as we were well looked after in his absence and was able to work even from the room with us around. We all really hope to be able to return for a vacation in Belize and spend more time at Twin Palms!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara C
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Twin Palms.The children were a treat and we enjoyed the fun and laughter they brought with them.It was our pleasure meeting your family and hearing all about Venice and London,who knows we may visit soon.Please give hugs to the children from us and tell them we hope to see them once again back in Belize when dad comes to work and they are of from school.The biscuits were delicious with tea,by the way!!
Enjoy your time back in Venice.
Anna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmopan
Sleeping Giant Lodge
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge
Rock Farm Guest House
Rock Farm Guest House
#1 of 1 in Roaring Creek

Been to The Inn at Twin Palms? Share your experiences!