“Amazing!”

Maya Guide Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Maya Guide Adventures is based on the Hummingbird Highway and offers more than the ordinary tours as well as incredible expeditions in the rivers and jungles of Belize! Our quest for adventure and the thrills of an incredible adrenaline rush is what drives us to offer the best of what Belize has to offer! We offer adventures such as: Cave Kayaking through 7 miles of underground cave system, Waterfall Repelling, Overnight Kayaking, Overnight Jungle and Cave Exploration treks, St Herman's Cave Exploration, Crystal Cave, Xunantunich and kayaking combo, Survival Expeditions and Leadership Courses. Cave Tubing is done on request!!
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We found MGA after searching for guides that led cave kayaking trips. We booked our kayaking trip with Marcos and also did a trip to Xunantunich with him. The trips were both great and we were blown away by the depth of knowledge and passion that Marcos has for the area and the history.
On top of that, Marcos is a great adventure guide. I wish we had more time to do additional (and longer) trips into the jungle with him. I would definitely book with MGA again.

2  Thank kylep646

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Marco was great! He is very experienced and knowledgeable, plus he is a joy to talk with. The kayaking thru the many caves around the blue hole national park was a great adventure and a great value. We spent the first 3+hours kayaking thru the caves with Marco and we had all the serene nature of the caves and forest to ourselves. In the last 20 minutes or so we did kayak past a group of other tourists who were on tubes, and I'm really thankful my friend and i found a Belizean guide who could show us 4 hours or so of the cave system and not just the last 5% of it.
The location was reminiscent of some adventures I had in New Zealand, and Marco reminded me of my friends who led an adventure education program in NZ: he is among the best adventure guides i have ever met anywhere! His son Francis was also great!

1  Thank JustinConsults
Reviewed 14 February 2013

After a series of confirmation emails in which Marcos said he would meet us at the Belmopan bus terminal today, I am regretfully reporting he completely no-showed. We were left with no lodgings, food accommodations, and NO kayak trip tomorrow. I left several voicemails and he never called back, stranding my son and I at the bus terminal. After talking with several of the locals, I have found out that although Marcos is considered a skilled guide, he is so unreliable that many refuse to work with him or refer travelers to him. I really wish it had turned out differently- we've been looking forward to the kayak trip for months. What a horrible way to start our trip! I can't believe MGA has so many rave reviews- especially after what the residents said. Use caution when booking with them.

2  Thank Amie Z
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My gfriend and I went cave kayaking with Francis. He was very informative and the scenery in the caves was amazing. I went cave tubing with a different company the day before, but cave kayaking was much more fun and adventurous. Francis was great!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

To experience Belize in its many wonders, we highly recommend MAYA GUIDE ADVENTURES AND YAXCHE JUNGLE CAMP, near Blue Hole National Park , Belmopan.Our thrilling adventures of kayaking the river cave branch, hiking though rainforest, exploring world class Crystal Cave filled our days with rich,cultural experiences. Staying at Yaxche Jungle Camp was reasonable, rustic & quite comfortable where the adventures were tailored to our diverse abilities. With 80% of tourism business owned outside of Belize, we really preferred to support this local enterprise.Our Mayan guides, Marcos and Garcia, also train the military,emergency personal, and other guides in search and rescue training so we always knew we were in the best of hands.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay,their friendly company, and stories of Mayan jungle living.