“Aweome family trip on river and transfer from Dangriga to San Ignacio”

Maya Guide Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Maya Guide Adventures is based on the Hummingbird Highway and offers more than the ordinary tours as well as incredible expeditions in the rivers and jungles of Belize! Our quest for adventure and the thrills of an incredible adrenaline rush is what drives us to offer the best of what Belize has to offer! We offer adventures such as: Cave Kayaking through 7 miles of underground cave system, Waterfall Repelling, Overnight Kayaking, Overnight Jungle and Cave Exploration treks, St Herman's Cave Exploration, Crystal Cave, Xunantunich and kayaking combo, Survival Expeditions and Leadership Courses. Cave Tubing is done on request!!
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Marcos & Francis were great hosts and local guides for our day trip. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids age 12 & 13 and all of us enjoyed the cave kayaking. Avoid the slow moving tubes that only 1/6 of the river/caves. The kayaks are the only way to go. They have great equipment, a wealth of experience and took extra care to make the trip enjoyable for all of us, especially the kids. Marcos and now Francis are well known and respected in the area for their professional operation.

1  Thank WaltDP

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have been on this trip twice now and plan to do it again on my next trip to Belize. Marcos know his stuff and leads beginners to experts through the adventures in Belize. The Cave Kayak trip is well worth the cost.

1  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We found Marcos while searching for cruise excursions on our trip. This excursion was the highlight of our trip. Marcos was at the cruise terminal waiting for us. He was a gentleman from the beginning and offered very personal service. We drove to his jungle camp, loaded up the kayaks, and then went to a "semi" private entrance to the river. We were the ONLY people on the river at the time. We kayaked through three or so caves and stopped for lunch along the river...still the only one's on the water. After lunch, we kayaked through several more caves and eventually got the "assembly line" of tubers. As the tethered tubers were dragging their hind quarters on the river bed below, we paddled through and manuvered between them with ease. The "tubers" looked bored and a few of them asked to switch with us. We respectfully declined while telling them to remember Marcos his business the next time they do this.

There was a large rope across the river marking the end point for the tubers. We went under the rope and continued to kayak down the river to our private end point where Pedro was waiting for us with fruit and drinks.

Marcos was awesome and pointed out many things along the way. We never once felt uncomfortable or in any sort of danger. It was simply a very pleasureable experience and an outstanding day. Thank you Marcos and Pedro for the great memories.

1  Thank Greg R
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I had a very positive experience with Marcus and his staff at Yache Jungle camp at the beginning of March of this year.He picked me up where I was staying in Punta Gorda and we drove up the Hummingbird highway towards camp . I too agree with some of the posters remarks on how knowledgable and interesting he is to talk too.On our way there we stopped at beautiful area called Bocawina national park and did a zipline there,it was a spur of the moment decision on his part and a pleasant surprise on what I though was going to be primarily a travel day.When we got to camp he showed me to my cabana which was clean,cozy, and comfortable.There was a bug net hung over the high bedposts which I thought was nice.There is a main kitchen with a eating /socializing area.There where a couple bathrooms and showers nearby.In my mindset as far as "camping" it was very well equipt and he and his staff are working to improve his place.I was also given three nicely prepared meals a day which I wasn't expecting.I was also lucky in that I was the only guest at camp so I had a much more personal experience with Marcos and his staff.He is located near the Blue Hole National park and he and I did St. Hermans cave one day and Crystal cave the next which where both great experiences and Marcos in my humble opinion was one of the best guides I have ever had.He then drove me to the airport so I could catch my flight home.I thought for the price and the quality of my stay, I would definately book with him again.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We found MGA after searching for guides that led cave kayaking trips. We booked our kayaking trip with Marcos and also did a trip to Xunantunich with him. The trips were both great and we were blown away by the depth of knowledge and passion that Marcos has for the area and the history.
On top of that, Marcos is a great adventure guide. I wish we had more time to do additional (and longer) trips into the jungle with him. I would definitely book with MGA again.

2  Thank kylep646