“STAY ONE NIGHT BUT MUCH LIKED”
Review of Hibiscus Hotel

Hibiscus Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
Hibiscus Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Belmopan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is right downtown in Belmopan. I came at night so I have to drive around a little to find it but they do have signs. I stayed in room 2. The room was a nice size with a big king bed. The TV was flat screen and the bathroom was a very good size. Everything was updated. I ate a burger at their restaurant which was also excellent. I was spent so I ate and went to sleep and didn't get to take any pictures and rushed out hotel in a hurry. I came back to Belmopan and tried to stay here again but there was a holiday in Belize. The hotel staff told I could stay for a portion of how long I wanted to stay but they would be closed on some of those days. Best hotel I stayed at in Belize.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hibiscus Hotel

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I love this place! It is right in the heart of Belmopan, close to the market and bus station. The rooms are clean and comfortable with complimentary coffee, tea, and water. The restaurant that is attached to the hotel, Corker's, is great too with good food and atmosphere. It seems to be a very popular place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank catdance62
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Location. Walking distance to everything. Don't listen to the Taxi drives at the Bus station or you will not be staying a great place. Clean and comfortable. The bakery across the street has some good stuff and the market is only a block away.

Room Tip: All rooms great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TnTGrayling
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My partner enjoyed Hibiscus the best throughout our Belizean travels. Although the pictures don't look like much, the rooms were spacious, with quiet air-conditioning and a KING size bed. I appreciated that the room provided 2 purified bottles of water. The price at Hibiscus seemed comparable to what we paid throughout Belize (except for in Orange Walk- so cheap) but this was the best room. I never felt unsafe in this area, although nothing is gated & there is not a staff member present 24/7.

Attached is Corkers restaurant. Once I was woken up by people leaving the bar late at night, but otherwise no drama. The walls are not thick though because I was woken up both mornings by noisy birds -- which is partly appealing. A short walk from the city centre. Overall, a fine stay for the price.

Room Tip: We were in the toucan room. KING-sized bed, spacious, plenty of shelving, quiet air-conditioner. No...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Friendly people, clean and basic accommodations, good sized rooms, good Internet accessible from rooms. Good on premise bar and restaurant. Location 'central' for Belmopan but generally not much in Belmopan.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank californiawithkids
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Cycling from Cancun to Palenque. Left Belize zoo and realised it was hilly and I couldn't make it to San Ignascio. I decided to stop at Belmopan the "new" seat of government due to the hurrican e problem in Belize city.

The town has a distributed layout which makes finding places difficult. My Garmin took the long route from the East side of town through the undeveloped and unpaved back roads one of the plaza areas where I happened upon the Hibiscus Hotel. Even though I new it was there it took a bit of rooting around to find it.

The hotel has very well maintained rooms, good shower and a good nights sleep.

The proprietors are English and very helpful and engaging to talk to so I decided to have a rest period and ensconsed my self in the bar come restaurant for the afternoon and evening. The food was good, the steak was just how I like it but more tender than in Englan! The Sorrel Belize Christmas beer brought me into temptation drinking 4 bottles resulting in an awkward start the next mornig.

For early birds there is a cafe at the back downstairs run by a very nice lady who does a very good breakfast. The hotel restaurant doesn't open till 11am I think.

Definitely an unexpected delight.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank henry_the_shed
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A reasonably priced and comfortable hotel. Has all the perks - cable TV, coffee machine, AC and ceiling fan, free WiFi, etc but lacks atmosphere. We had an OK stay and supper at Corkers - the adjoining restaurant run by the same owners - was quite fine. The food was probably the highlight, the service was great and meal preparation was speedy. The only distraction during our stay was the apparent lack of interest in client care and the missing friendly interaction between owner and customer - perhaps they were just having a bad day, so this can be downplayed. Meanwhile our stay was adequate but not great. Would we stay here again - perhaps although we certainly preferred the Twin Palms B&B located a short distance away, even though it is considerably pricier.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business