“An oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
KenMar's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 Belmopan B&B and Inns
Toronto
“An oasis”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed at Ken and Marions last year on our way to Placencia and Hopkins and as beautiful as the beaches are, Kenmar was surprisingly one of the highlights of our trip. Belmopan itself is nothing special but Kenmar really is. The accommodations are good but the people are great! Ken was understanding and helpful and professional but Marion was like our Mom 4000 miles from home. She fed and looked after us and even gave us Aloe Vera as she was worried about the hot sun on our fair skin the rest of our trip. Good location too as it was close enough to walk to the restaurant/pub downtown and we felt safe walking home from there in the dark later on. Truly a Gem.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank torontoeddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Peru, Indiana
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I highly recommend the Ken Mar. Wonderful service, wonderful atmosphere, wonderful food. The loving care and service that Marion and Kent provide make this a truly unique experience. Anything you need they can provide. Just a great place to stay and the cinnamon rolls are heavenly!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Home is where the heart is and my heart is at KenMar's B&B. I feel as if I am staying with my favorite Aunt and Uncle in their loving home. The food is amazing and made with nothing but love. The rooms are clean, cozy, and have every amenity my heart desired. There is a clean and quiet pool, and an all you need fitness room. I will be staying here EVERYTIME I come to Belize from now until the end of time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I generally avoid BnBs but chose this one based on reviews on TripAdvisor. Am I glad that I did! The owners Marion and Kent are just the loveliest and friendliest people ever and I can't imagine people better suited to run such an establishment. We stayed in a room with a balcony - Royal Palm. It was private and quiet. The room was one of the nicest and best equipped of all rooms I've every stayed in. It had every possible amenity you could ever want - sewing kit? microwave? frig? q-tips? water purifier? fitness room? coffee maker? All provided. The room and bathroom were sparkling clean and beautifully maintained. Breakfasts were incredible - freshly baked breads, eggs made to order, fruit. The place is located centrally on a safe side street. You get hugs from Marion when you arrive and leave and they make you feel like you are the favorite members of their family. Why would you want to stay in an impersonal, soulless hotel room when you could stay in such a comfortable and warm atmosphere?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I recently stayed at Kenmar for 3 weeks while working with a local school down the road. Everything that is being said about this amazing place is true! Each day I was treated like a prince at breakfast and came home to a crisp, comfortable room that more than fit my needs. Marion and Kent are so full of life, and hard working. They made my experience top notch and will have my business again someday- hopefully soon!

I just also wanted to note on the positive experiences I was able to have with some of her staff. Consuelo was very kind, helpful and did more than a great job at keeping the home looking it's best. Her daughter serving saturday breakfast is adorable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Craig, Colorado
Reviewed 12 December 2013

You're treated like family when you're there. Rooms are very clean and accommodating is taken to new height. Clean your clothes as you need. The breakfast is delicious, with fresh fruit and juice that can't be beat. Eggs are served freshly cooked every morning. After a hot day of exploring the ruins or slipping over to coast, jump in the pool and cool your core. Was there in Dec. of 2013 and enjoyed every minute of it. The other guests enjoyment and happiness stretches out to all! Was there with all guests working and all we could talk about was the beauty and happiness of all the locals. There's a reason a lot of Embassy visitors stay there! (from a lot, not just US, embassies. Kent and Marion are great. Wonder if you'll enjoy Marions' fresh cinnamon rolls like I did?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Actually the service is very good, the breakfast offering is extensive and well feel comfortable your stuff will be safe.
The owners of the place offering support to the community through other projects, so it is doubly nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business