“Blah”
Review of Bull Frog Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
Bull Frog Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Belmopan B&B and Inns
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
“Blah”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Ok so let me start off on a positive note:
Bull Frog has a restaurant and isn't just a B&B so at least I could get dinner there and not have to venture out. The food was OK and the service was average as the servers seem to have to see you a while to warm up to you. Being a Caribbean national the food was seasoned enough for me and was cooked perfectly for me but my European colleague had a problem with the meat being over cooked. Sorry but Caribbean people don't do rare.
It's just around the corner from Brodie's supermarket and pharmacy so that's convenient. I found the prices ok but since its my first time in Belize I don't have a good Belizean reference.

Now for the bad.
The room was BLAH. Bare minimum was the theme of my room although I should be grateful since I had a desk. My sheets had tears in them and were awfully faded.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Well, i did not stay at the hotel, its kinda pricey for this area.. The resturant on the other hand I thought i would give it a try after talkin to a gentleman that was staying there. So the wait staff was not interested in helping me until i grabbed a menu myself after walking by 2 staff personel. My meal did not come to me as ordered, (eggs over cooked, bacon over cooked) yet pancakes were done correctly??? and the meal was hot, not cold or frozed, a plus i guess. It was clean.

Room Tip: stay else where...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Belmopan hotels

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We did not stay at the Bullfrog Inn, but did attempt to eat there one night. We visited the restaurant, sat down and were promptly ignored for 15 minutes. No one greeted us. No one approached us. There were several people working and other tables with guests. The staff wouldn t even make eye contact with us... maybe it was near closing time... I dunno. No one ever said. Awful... we just got up and left and ate elsewhere.

This was the one place in all of our travels in Belize where we did not feel welcome. Terrible.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at the Bull Frog Inn because our car broke down.
We asked for the best hotel in Belmopan and were recommended this place.
At US$ 95/night the place was overprized, rooms equiped with the basics, a restaurant with a limited choice and personell that showed up late in the morning reason why we couldn't have breakfast before 8Am.

If this is the best place in Belmopan be aware of the other places !!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Caye Caulker, Belize
Reviewed 16 August 2012

While convenient to have hotel, restaurant and bar in one location....average at best. Room was clean yet older and food very average. Staff seemed to be totally uninterested that we were there for food, drink or accommodation. For the quality of all involved very over priced.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Buffalo
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Bullfrog Inn has a shining reputation from those who have visited several years ago, but sadly it no longer is one of the premier hotels in Belmopan.

When we checked in, the young woman at the front desk seemed to view us as an annoying obstacle rather than a customer. We clearly were not valued and helping us was not a priority. Our questions were met with short vague answers that didn't help.

We had two beds in the room...good thing! The first bed had a large yellow stain on the sheet and several holes. Three out of five pillows were gross, but the other two were acceptable. The bathroom was mostly clean, although the half-empty box of cheap condoms below the sink was a bit disconcerting. Other than that, the room was fairly clean.

The A/C was loud (like all in Belize) but very cold and effective.

I went out several times during the evening to try to get information from the front desk. The other staff was just as unresponsive and unhelpful as the first young woman. I requested a 7am wakeup call and was told that it would not be a problem. No wakeup call ever came. When I asked the woman at the front desk (not one of the previous staff I'd met) why it didn't come, she just ignored my question and mumbled something. We left and will never be back.

It wasn't horrifically awful, but you can find better rooms for half the price in Belmopan.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, the rooms nearest the lobby can receive wi-fi.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We drove through Belmopan in March of 2012 without a hotel reservation. We had previously stayed in a different hotel a few days before for one night, and as we passed through the town again, we decided to try out another hotel. Bullfrog Inn came highly recommended from our guide at the ATM cave. I should have known better.
Walking in without a reservation, I was immediately put off by the rude, young staff, and I wanted to leave. But we were with a friend and another couple with a child, and everyone just wanted to sleep. The room was old, but clean. It reminded me of being at a generic Holiday Inn or something similar. No character, nothing special. It had a large tv, ceiling fan, desk, and an iron and ironing board.
It was a comfortable nights sleep, and a pleasant enough stay, but it just wasn't to my taste.
I am not sure why, but this hotel is apparently The place to stay. I feel it is good for tourists who don't want to experience the real Belize and want more of an American-style hotel visit. It was very overpriced for what it was. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmopan
Sleeping Giant Lodge
#5 of 17 in Belmopan
Rock Farm Guest House
Rock Farm Guest House
#3 of 17 in Belmopan

Been to Bull Frog Inn? Share your experiences!