“Pretty bad”
Review of Al Rustico - CLOSED

Al Rustico
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The reason I gave this restaurant 3 stars is because the beer was ice cold, otherwise would be 2.
I will preface this review by saying that the staff was very cordial, pleasant and friendly.
A very small, quaint, rustic, romantic restaurant about 1 mile south of the Belmopan-Hummingbird Hwy roundabout. It sits on top of a very small hill with fairly good views of the area. There is enough parking for maybe 2 small cars.
The food was not up to par. Filet was overcooked with a canned mushroom gray over it, which certainly would have been more palatable without it. It was fairly tough, like maybe a flank steak, but we are told all the beef in Belize is tough. We were not charged for the filet, but it doesn't make up for the lack of quality preparation.
The pork chops were also overckooked and tough, not very palatable.
Overall a bad dining experience, and quite expensive for Belize.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Al Rustico has seen better days. But don't let that change your mind about this place. Under new management this place is coming back to life. If it hadn't of been for a friend taking me. I wouldn't of known about this "Amazing" gem! The place is located high up on the rocks right outside Belmopan Belize.You get a great view of the city and surrounding area. It's reminds me alot of a winery's you would find in Italy. The food is over the top and service is on point.Check it out and have an open mind. Like I said their under going changes.

1  Thank Greg B
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Not a bad restaurant - a bit on the rustic side as the name implies. Food is fine although sometimes limited in selection. Never much of a crowd or wait and prices are not bad. But watch out for parking, the ride up the hill is rough, slow and steep. You can sit in or out and the view is quite interesting. Friendly staff and simple meals make for a pleasant interlude while in Belmopan.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I went in April of 2012 to Belmopan for 11 days - and spent most of my time eating at Al Rustico. The prices were fair and the food fantastic. All dishes went above and beyond what I expected. The view was incredible, the charm unique, the service was definitely sweet. I'd pay double to get the same experience in Canada. Love it. Can't wait to return in 2014!!

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Everything was excellent the service,food atmosphere. The best watermelon mojito my wife had the margarita best ever, Miss Ali is great bartender made us feel at home with, with beautiful smile and her personality . The place is one of a kind has that rustic Italian looks very unique. If you travel to placencia you should stop by is on the humming bird highway