“You betta Belize it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Horseback Ride to Xunantunich Maya Ruins Including Traditional Lunch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mayawalk Tours is an eco-friendly, family owned, local tour operator based in San Ignacio, Cayo, Belize. We have been operating adventure tours since 1997, and we offer over a dozen adventure tours in Belize, with special emphasis on caving and canoeing tours. Our local guides are more than happy to share their knowledge about the archaeology and history of the sites that you will visit. Whether you are in the mood for a leisurely tour or a more rugged adventure, Mayawalk Tours can help you plan a special trip that you will remember for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You betta Belize it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I were looking for a tour company to show us around the sights near San Ignacio. We spoke to many of the companies in the city and were delighted to find Mayawalk tours. They were friendly, knowledgeable, courteous, and generous.

We first went with them to Tikal in Guatemala to see the ancient Mayan ruins. Hugo, our guide for the day, took the two of us on a private tour and took the time to explain to us in perfect detail the history of the great ruins. We were so impressed, we had to book ATM cave tour with them for later on in the week. ATM was another amazing success! They joined us with several other adventure-seekers and led by our experienced guide Orlando, we traversed the caverns. Again, this guide was extremely knowledgeable and we felt very secure in his wealth of experience.

Both days, they were prompt, on time, provided us with delicious meals, and really went the extra mile to ensure we had a great experience. They have some of the cleanest vehicles I have been in (in Belize). I would whole-heartedly recommend their excellent service to anyone looking for a first-class experience in San Ignacio.

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great experience, professional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went to ATM caves and Tikal with them. I booked my trips via email long time in advance. When i arrivd and when to the office everything was in order. There were just three of us for ATM which was cool. We had we were told a famous guide whose name is Martin. He was very serious about the all the misticism he was talking about. It added a lot to the clumate of the place. However at times the pace was a bit slow and we got a bit cold. All in all it was fun.
They also provide a lunch and beers on the way back. Nice way to unwind after the trip:)
Next day i did Tikal tour with them. It was well organized. We had a Guatemalan guide, professional and entertaining. The tour was short but the pace was just right. On the way back we had a lunch in a local resto. The food was good.
They also help a lot when it comes to immigration, made the process smooth and painless. It was fun!

Visited April 2014
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The cave tour was one of the reasons we chose to visit Central America. Mayawalk had excellent guides who were very knowledgeable and took extra care to protect the cave for future generations. Well worth the money, it was fantastic!

Visited May 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“ATM cave tour with Mayawalk in Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived in San Ignacio on my own and was very excited about the trips you could do here. Having read up on the best ones to do, I decided to check out the recommended agents in my Lonely Planet. Mayawalk was the last of 3 agents that I visited and I must say, Andrew gave an excellent presentation about each of the trips I was interested in (ATM caves, Tikal and Caracol).

Andrew was really friendly and welcoming and with 15 years of experience under his belt, clearly knew what he was talking about. Of course every agent wants you to do a tour with them but Andrew didn't put any pressure on me to do it - very much fine with you going away to think about it which was nice although I was totally sold once he explained everything to me! I even used Andrew's spiel to get 2 girls at my hostel to sign up for the trip as well! They give you a checklist as well so you know exactly what to bring with you on the day.

We did the ATM cave tour and it was everything that you read about in the books/read online: a truly unique adventure that will no doubt be one of the highlights of your time in Belize. Our guide Hector was very knowledgeable and watched out for us every step of the way. We had a 45 min walk to the cave entrance, a little swim across and then we started our 2 hour tour through the caves. Wear your swimsuit under a pair of shorts and t-shirts, sturdy trainers and you'll be fine! I felt like I was in safe hands with Hector and he took time to give us loads of info about the caves and artefacts and was happy to answer all our questions. Once we finished, we headed back to the van where we had a very nice lunch of chicken, rice and the best chocolate muffin I've ever eaten plus ice cold beverages. Well deserved after a rather exhausting trip!

All in all, a 10/10 experience and I'm pleased that I went with Mayawalks.

“Best experience!! Sooo helpful & kind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and 3 friends booked a tour with Pacz - there van had no seatbelts and it had rained and we had a vehicle rollover on hummingbird highway! Scariest moment of my life! The 2 of us were in the back without seatbelts smashed to the roof and luckily the 3rd person was in the front with the driver wearing a seatbelt. Somehow we walked away with only a little scratch. We went to book a tour with them again and it was such a joke. They almost killed us and couldn't even give us a free tour. The worst part is... They were going to put us in a van again without seatbelts!!!!

We went over to maya walk, they saw we were obviously shook up and went out of there way to ensure our safety and even offered to drive us privately if the vehicle didn't stand up to our safety standards. At this point our 3 other friends had caught up with us and the company got us a van with seatbelts. More than accommodating to our needs and ensuring us that our safety matters. The ATM tour was so awesome! I recommend it to any and everyone! Andrew at mayawalk was very helpful and I recommend his tour!
Thank you for the unforgettable experience and the safe day!