All reviews covered parking located smack no elevator stay there again rooftop balcony excellent hospitality quaint hotel hotel is great burns avenue location was perfect every morning walking distance recommend this hotel tour companies milton leo pops
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Maya Bella hotel was in the center of everything in San Ignacio. We took the Maya Walk ATM tour, which was a 2 minute walk from the hotel so we didn’t have to worry about waking up early or transportation accommodation. We were able to get to San Ignacio by renting a car (between 4 of us, it was much much cheaper than having chatter transportation). I would definitely recommend to take advantage of the market on Saturdays (busiest time) to do all your souvenir shopping. We also went to Caye Caulker and San Pedro and the prices for the same items were 2-3 times as expensive.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Leopoldo S, Owner at Maya Bella Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your visit Lucero G. We are happy that you had a good visit to our town and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I had a very nice time there the staff is very helpfull i love that you can park in under the hotel i would recomend this hotel to anyone its for family and couply.me and my girlfriend always good there just to relax and enjoy the night walk we have wend we go there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your visit Patrick. Come back soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Reasonably priced, in the main area of Burns Avenue, near to all the bars and restaurants. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had to ask to extra towels but these were readily provided. Useful water dispenser and morning coffee in reception area. Nice to have access to roof terrace to chill with a glass of wine. Basic accommodation but good for the price. Door lock a little tricky but we got the hang of it eventually.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your visit. I'm glad that you were made comfortable. Come back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

My experience at the Maya Bella was wonderful. I was in Belize for 17 days working on a project and the Maya Bella became my home away from home. Clean, comfortable, very quiet, located central to downtown San Ignacio, and safe, it was everything I could hope for. Best of all were the people who worked the front desk. Not only did they provide excellent service, they acted as concierges during my visit. While there are many excellent restaurants in the area, I was interested in more local places to eat. They introduced me to paposas, fry jacks, the central market for fresh fruit, and where to shop in town. The best part was knowing at the beginning and end of the day, I would be greeted with a smile. I'm looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: The difference between a deluxe and regular queen room is worth the small uncharge, if nothing else but to have the fridge for leftovers.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Hi Drew, I'm happy that you found our deluxe room to be a good value. Thank you for your visit. Come back soon. Leo

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Great location and value for a reasonable price. The room was comfortable and peaceful. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Our two night stay was good. The continental breakfast was only coffee, bread and bananas.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your visit. We are happy that you enjoyed our complimentary coffee and toast. Come back soon. Leo