“Good Basic Chinese Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Maxim's
Ranked #37 of 77 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
San Ignacio, Belize
“Good Basic Chinese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Hey don't expect anything exotic, this is Central America but I have been eating here for over 20 years and the food is good and filling.

Visited June 2013

Fredericton, Canada
“Great food :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

This was the best place to eat food in San Ignacio!!! Of all of the places we ate in Belize, we enjoyed the food at Maxim's the most. We ate here 3 times and we completely satisfied every time. Very affordable as well.

Visited May 2013
Medford, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My taxi driver loves Maxim's!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Got some food to go from Maxim's. Asked my taxi driver to make sure I got just chicken breast...was getting chicken, rice and beans. Was disappointed, very little chicken white meat, just a leg and some thigh. The rice and beans were good, but don't think I would order from Maxim's again.

Visited January 2013
San Ignacio, Belize
“Good chinese food at affordable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I have eaten at Maxim's dozens of times over the years. The food is predictably very good and the prices are reasonable. The wait time is very acceptable. My only complaint is that the men's room is not kept as clean as I would prefer.

Visited October 2012
“Food poisoning. Worst place to eat.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

So, I went here for a late dinner. I ordered the fried chicken. It looked alright. Little did I know that I would be waking up to an extreme case of food poisoning. I found out later after a doctor's visit that this place actually takes leftover food and serves it again to other people. I confirmed this when I walked back in to verify this. Utterly appalling. Word of caution to anyone coming to San Ignacio. Don't eat here.

• 1 of 5 bubbles