“Out of the way charmer!”
Review of Sanny's Grill

Sanny's Grill
Ranked #17 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Loved this sweet little restaurant! My son and I ate here one evening based on a review in a guidebook that said the ambience was a draw. And they were right! The open-air restaurant is built on a patio deck with vines and plants and flowers everywhere, soft lighting, and candles. The family cooks and serves together, the food is tasty and generously portioned. On top of all that, when my son left his iPod there, they found and kept it for us. Although you do have to take a cab to get there, it's worth it.

1  Thank Amie Z

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Sanny and his family are very good people! The whole family pitch in and the establishment is welcoming and has a very Belizean charm. The food is always good but sometimes the sides have cooled by the time the main item is placed on the plate and served. The bar is limited but the personal friendly service makes up for it.

Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

We decided to get way off the beaten path in hopes of finding some traditional Belizean food. Sanny's has a nice homey atmosphere and sits on a hill so it has a nice view.
The menu is large but has things like fish and chips, bbq pork chops, and fettuccine alfredo. Our meal came with an iceberg salad with something that tasted like french dressing.
The food was just okay and I'm glad the price was very reasonable, because I got what I paid for. i would have gladly paid more for better food.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Sanny's was recommended to me by some of the people I work with who absolutely love this place, so i decided to see what all the buzz was about. I took my girlfriend there for a nice and relaxing time which was well enjoyed the food and service was EXCELLENT one of the best places i have been in San Ignacio so far. Who has not be here yet is missing out out on a juicy slice of Cayo. Looking forward to my next return ......

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have brought a mission team to San Ignacio for the past two year. We have eaten at Sanny's more than any other place. It is very much off the beaten path and you need to have a vehicle to reach it from the center of town. It is difficult to find at night. It is very much worth the trip! The menu is large with all types of chicken, fish and beef. The dining area is outside and covered with a few places inside to eat. The family who runs it does an amazing job. The food portions are huge for the small price you pay. We have ordered lunch from them every day and they delivered it to our worksite. For $5 we got a quarter chicken, veggies, rice and fruit. Each day it was prepared differently with different sides. Take the ride up the hill and give it a try.