“Good food but poor service”
Review of Serendib

Serendib
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right next to the mall and by Polly? Pizza restaurant. I am Indian and not a huge fan of Indian food -- but randomly this was the BEST SOUTH INDIAN food I have ever eaten!!
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Visited with a tour group so there were 13 of us. They didn't seem to be happy to see us and left us to move the tables and get the chairs ourselves.
We ordered and ate in the garden at the back. Drinks were painfully slow coming with the waiters carrying out one drink at a time.
The food is a mix of local or Sri Lankan and was very good. A couple of people asked for their curries medium hot and they arrived hotter than they expected so beware. I opted for a 'local' dish the beef stew which was excellent.

This is good home cooked style food, nothing fancy, I would like to give it an excellent but the service let the place down.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Service is a little slow, but smiling and friendly! The "medium" curry was still pretty spicy! The coconut sambol is delicious!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Surprisingly, I found the food here to be the best out of the many places I ate at in SI. Serendib has an extensive menu & the food is tasty & priced well. I had curried chicken with white rice, plantain, & a small side salad.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

There were lots of choices on this menu. We had fried rice and a burger. All of our food was really tasty! The burger was huge! We really enjoyed the seasoned potatoes.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We fancied something a bit different from burritos and beans so came here for a curry, and were not disappointed. Delicious proper Asian food, nice and spicy, devilled potatos recommended. My girlfriend is of Indian heritage and eats this food all the time, and even she was impressed!

Worth a visit when in San Ignacio.