“ATM with Hectorus is a must!”

K'atun Ahaw Tour Operator
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our two week adventure in Belize. The ATM cave was the most incredible! You truly must do this. It was so neat to walk the same path as the ancient Mayan.
Elias was wonderful via email. I never met him personally. But the guide he provided us was great! Hectorus was not rushed at all. He picked us up from our house we rented. Then we stopped at Orange Walk. Then he leisurely drove us to our destination, the whole time providing information about the area and the Maya history.
Once we were in the caves, ge took his time with us and the other 5 people that met us there. He made sure he answered all wuestions begore moving on. He ensured everyone was safe. He was awesome!
On a side note, you do need to be physically able to swim, climb up rocks, be okay with tight squeezes, and not be claustrophobic! We did see two ladies who could not make it up to the dry cave from another group. The ladies had to wait there for the group to finish and get them on the way back.
But if you are doing this tour, I recommend Elias's company, with Hectorus as your guide.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you are coming to the Cayo District, then you must book a tour with Elias (owner of the company) or one of his great guides. We took the Tikal tour and the ATM Cave tour with Elias and both were incredible experiences. At Tikal, it was just us two with Elias, and at ATM it was us and another couple. The small tour size makes the experience even more unforgettable, especially on the ATM tour where individual attention and moving with ease are quite important.

Elias is very well respected among the Cayo tour guides because of his experience and unbelievable store of knowledge of history, culture, and wildlife. I am a huge history nerd and my boyfriend is a lover of plants and animals - many times we can never agree whether to go to a museum or the zoo/aquarium. These tours blended everything and covered things in incredible depth. Elias was sure to go into detail about the Mayan history, culture, and religion and was always pointing out different plants, explaining their cultural or medicinal importance.

Elias is a no-nonsense kind of guy, and really takes his job seriously. He is the best of the best, and he made our trip the amazing experience that it was. For those interested in the Tikal trip, he is also the only guide who is licensed in both Belize and Guatemala, and thus will not hand you over to another guide upon arrival at the Belize/Guatemala border (as most companies do). This to me was important in and of itself, as it made me feel more comfortable and secure crossing the border and knowing I'd have the same person with us from start to finish.

We didn't have any of his other guides, but knowing Elias's commitment to excellence, I am confident that they'd be phenomenal as well!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Elias was great with us. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids Under 12. We took the ATM tour first. Elias took great care with the kids. We then took the Tikal trip with him. The kids only speak french. We did not ask, but Elias found a french tour guide for us. We had so much fun that we also booked a cave tubing trip. Again, they took great care with us and the kids. Also had great home cooked meals on the trip. This is a wonderfull team. I highly recommend. Too bad I can only give 5 stars because I would give much more.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We had a great time with Elias. He was great and very professional in every possible area, from the first email to the time he dropped us off at the airport.

All of our emails for making our trip arrangements were answered promptly and completely. Elias quoted us prices (which were cheaper than the others) and never asked for deposit money. He was waiting at the airport with our name on a sign and delivered us safely and comfortably to our hotel one hour away.

Our Tikal tour with him was fantastic. He personally took us across the border and led us through Tikal. He knew everything, the history, the plants and animals and took great care with us making sure we stayed within our comfort levels walking in the heat. He arranged a great lunch with plenty of time to shop.

He also transferred us back to the airport comfortably, on time and we always felt safe with his driving on roads which could be scary.

Best of all, Elias is a local small business owner who works long and hard to provide for his family, a trait we find very honorable.

2  Thank david s
Reviewed 5 December 2013

If you ever decide to go to Belize I will recommend you to take ATM and Tikal tours with K’Atun Ahaw Elias Cambranes.
Already 10 days passed when I back from San Ignacio, but I steel have all positive emotional inside of me after ATM cave and Tikal touts. It was unbelievable.
If you go with Elias you feel save all the time when you with him or his crew as they knows where to go and what to do. Elias makes you comfortable in different situation and you start to believe in yourself that you can do much more then you expected from your body. He told you all he knows about the nature and country life and it is better than any book I read about Belize before the tour. His knowledge of Maya history is unbelievable. Hours that you spend in his tours are runs so fast. The people from others tours told us that we lucky that we have so professional tour guy. I want to Thanks Elias and his grew for wonderful presentation of Belize country.