River Park Inn
Rumors Resort(San Ignacio)
US$74
US$66
Hotwire.com
Midas Belize(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$47
San Ignacio Resort Hotel(San Ignacio)
US$184
US$160
Maya Mountain Lodge(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$181
Rainforest Haven Inn(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$60
Ka'ana Resort(San Ignacio)
US$267
US$231
US$660
US$449
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfruit treesminute walktailoring shopburns streetfirst floorrooms are basicspent three nightson sitebingparrotsfridgepropertygroundstourbelizeactaxis
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We only stayed one night, but the room was very clean and the a/c was much appreciated. The owner, Bingh was very nice and helpful. Not luxury accommodations, but was very typical for the area and the price can't be beat! Walking distance to town, but off the beaten path so it was very quiet. The grounds were beautiful and watching the sun rise from the porch and listening to/watching the birds was amazing! Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I spent a week in Belize last week, my second trip in 18 months. I love this country. My first trip was through a travel group and while it was a good introduction, I didn't really feel like I got to experience Belize the way people who live there do. So I kept in touch with one of my favorite guides from that first trip (see my review of True Vine Adventures), Brainard August. Brainard put me in touch with Mr. Bing and his team (& family) at the River Park Inn in the small and centrally located town of San Ignacio, Cayo.

The River Park Inn has camp sites, cabanas or newly added full service rooms on the second floor of the main building on the property. I stayed in the new hotel rooms. The rooms are clean - VERY clean. Good linens, dried out on the line like your mom used to do, a fresh pitcher of water on the table and generous staff with smiling faces ready to make your stay comfortable and relaxing or energized with adventure.

The Inn has on site massage and offers tour packages with some of the best guides in the area. On my first day I scheduled a massage and was able to have it outside my room on the balcony with the sounds of the jungle, and birds all around. A great experience that rebalanced me after my long journey to San Ignacio. Over the next few days I took the Tikal tour across the border to Guatemala which was a 7K trek through the jungle and up hundreds of steps to the tops of ruins. A more relaxing day can be found at Belize Zoo and Tropical Education Center, or a short drive along the river to the Blue Hole park for a quick dip and some bird watching and hiking. There are many more for all levels of fitness and interests.

The River Park Inn is just a convenient 10 minute walk to local eateries or the farmers market in the center of San Ignacio. The farmers market is bustling with vendors offering fresh produce, hand made goods and BBQ; a must see for any visitor especially on Thurs - Sat. Wear stretchy pants!

Lastly, Mr. Bing and his crew are the most generous and gracious hosts. No stress on checking in or out, great recommendations, and a passion for making your stay stress free.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room there's a cross breeze with the windows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend spent a night there in our way to Tikal, the hotel is not downtown, but you can walk and be there in less than 10 min, Mr Bing is the best, he is very helpful and kind, it is a very relaxing experience! You can enjoy the sunset from the balcony.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stay here for one night and I wished I had know about this place sooner. It was affordable and the owners were very polite and made you feel at home. Its located only 5 to 10 minute walk from town. Very peaceful and Beautiful landscap. If I ever come back to San Ignacio I will stay here the whole time

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Let me start by saying this is a great place to stay for women traveling alone. the property is a family owned Inn and campsite and it is also their home. It is large and spacious enough to feel a good sense of privacy yet at the same time part of an attentive and caring family. It is a large sort of 'homestead' and camp site property, which is maintained to pristinely high standards. the grounds are scattered with a variety fruit trees and little animals; chicken, turkeys, ducks, dogs and several pet parrot who are fun to listen to. So It doesn't feel or seem at all like any campsite I've been to. I think it only accommodate select campers from special groups from abroad, extreme adventure organised groups. I don't think it is a regular campsite. I was able to wander around the property, down to the river where I'd sit and meditate or I'd go check out the chickens, or laze about in the Hammock reading. It's a very relaxed and spacious environment.
But It's Bing, the Patron and his family who are special! they are most hospitable and attentive. they make you feel like nothing is too much to ask for. And most important they make you feel cared for...and this is important if you are a woman traveling alone. Bing is great for conversation and advice on where to go, what to do, etc and the story of his life is so inspirational. His son George, who manages the grounds, is a very charming young man, Jessica and Tammi, the two daughters who also help run and maintain the guest accommodations, they are always there to help and to accommodate me in what ever I needed to know or do.... A totally beautiful family!
As for my room ...it was very clean and simple, tastefully designed in a rustic way... with wonderful views from my window...over looking the grounds. The bathrooms are basically good, the shower is okay, could be better. there is hot water, although not great pressure. but there are other great things about the River Park inn made up for that. I expect they will upgrade the bathrooms in time.
In the morning there were the sounds of the multitude of birds singing and arguing with each other. At night it was very quiet..considering we are only 10 mins walk into the hustle & bustle and noise of the town center!
The River Park Inn park is the best place to stay in the Town of San Ignacio if you want be near the 'action' of the town center, which is very vibrant and very dynamic, yet you want to retire back to the beautiful, quiet, safe and secluded homebase of a lovely and caring Belizian Family.

Room Tip: try to get the room around the back that faces the fruit trees of the property. It more private and view of the garden and animals and the family at work during the day is wonderful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo