All reviews short walk into town rooms are basic air conditioning bing parrots fridge nature
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Bing makes this place. He is so generous with his time and suggestions. Rate is reasonable. Rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. It's a nice alternative to the touristy/pricey places, which abound. Especially enjoyed the upstairs balcony, drinking fresh coffee, listening to the sounds of birds around their nicely landscaped property in the morning.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my two boys, 8 and 10 for one night. You get AC, filtered water, fridge, coffee, and fruit(if you pick it). Accommodations were basic as it is a budget hotel but the atmosphere was lovely. The family lives here so are always there if you need something. There are fruit trees on the property and the owner showed my boys how to find and eat a ripe mango. The were out there the minute they woke up! There are also parrots out back and my boys coerced them all on their shoulders. We swam in the Macal River on the property and they loved that as well. We ate dinner at Hodes 2 doors down and walked to Mike's for breakfast. Midas is next door if you want to pay to swim in a pool but we chose the free river. The owner also helped me negotiate a deal for a Barton Creek Tour. I could decipher in Spanish that he was trying to get the company to not charge me for my 8 year old. I really like staying at hotels where the family lives on site and this is one of them.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We spent three nights at the River Park Inn while exploring the attractions around San Ignacio. Bing was friendly and welcoming, and set up tours with Belize Adventure Trails (see other review). The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and responsive, and the Inn is a 5 minute walk from town, passing fruit stands and restaurants. The grounds are pretty, and Bing keeps parrots.

The River Park Inn did not feel touristy at all, which made it perfect for us.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank karlo82
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Bing is very welcoming and makes everything very convenient. The property is in the perfect location - a 10 minute talk to town, 5 minutes to the best restaurant (Guava Limb). It's very quiet but also feels safe. We had a hot water issue but they were very quick and responsive to fix it. Bing and his family are awesome hosts :)

Room tip: all the rooms are quiet!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank carafornia18
Reviewed 12 February 2017

I was traveling with my boyfriend for New Years and we didn't know much about Belize at all. This place was very affordable and comfortable/quaint. The owner and staff were all very nice and friendly to talk to. We are minimalist travelers, we don't need much, and this was it and better. While just a small room and bathroom, it was clean, there was comfortable air conditioning as well as nice blankets, and the fresh coffee in the morning was great. There are different fruit trees on the property and the owner encourages you to try some. I want to say the walk to downtown was 5 minutes because that's what it felt like, but in reality it was probably 10. We walked back from the town each night in the dark and felt safe, but there are plenty of taxis if you don't.

My only caution is that when I booked it through their site, they didn't receive the confirmation. I emailed them directly after booking it to verify that it went through and it had not--but they booked it once they got my email so it was all fine. I'm not sure where the glitch happened, but I just suggest verifying with any hotel you book.

All in all we had a really pleasant, relaxed experience and loved our time in San Ignacio as a whole. I'd recommend this in to any traveler who wants more privacy than a hostel but doesn't need to spend a lot of money on a hotel that they won't spend much time in.

Date of stay: December 2016