All reviews fruit trees on the property minute walk from town rooms are basic spent three nights on site air conditioning bing parrots fridge grounds tour river midas
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This place is great, seriously. Let's list the positives: Clean, comfortable, A/C, Free Internet, Easy walking distance to the center of town/the market, the owner, the free water, the fruit, and the parrots. There really aren't any negatives. I'd encourage you to stay here.

We booked though River Park Inn's website by filling out the reservation form. I got a confirmation email from Bing and we were good to go. I paid in cash when I arrived (received a slight discount). Bing is very friendly and happy to help.

The coffee and water in the morning was key to setting my family of 6 up for success. My wife and I stayed in the Cabin, which was really nice with the fan, while my in-laws stayed in the AC hotel rooms. The AC worked great and the fridge came in handy. Overall, I am thankful that we choose to stay at this Inn.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Bing makes this place. He is so generous with his time and suggestions. Rate is reasonable. Rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. It's a nice alternative to the touristy/pricey places, which abound. Especially enjoyed the upstairs balcony, drinking fresh coffee, listening to the sounds of birds around their nicely landscaped property in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my two boys, 8 and 10 for one night. You get AC, filtered water, fridge, coffee, and fruit(if you pick it). Accommodations were basic as it is a budget hotel but the atmosphere was lovely. The family lives here so are always there if you need something. There are fruit trees on the property and the owner showed my boys how to find and eat a ripe mango. The were out there the minute they woke up! There are also parrots out back and my boys coerced them all on their shoulders. We swam in the Macal River on the property and they loved that as well. We ate dinner at Hodes 2 doors down and walked to Mike's for breakfast. Midas is next door if you want to pay to swim in a pool but we chose the free river. The owner also helped me negotiate a deal for a Barton Creek Tour. I could decipher in Spanish that he was trying to get the company to not charge me for my 8 year old. I really like staying at hotels where the family lives on site and this is one of them.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We spent three nights at the River Park Inn while exploring the attractions around San Ignacio. Bing was friendly and welcoming, and set up tours with Belize Adventure Trails (see other review). The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and responsive, and the Inn is a 5 minute walk from town, passing fruit stands and restaurants. The grounds are pretty, and Bing keeps parrots.

The River Park Inn did not feel touristy at all, which made it perfect for us.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank karlo82
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Bing is very welcoming and makes everything very convenient. The property is in the perfect location - a 10 minute talk to town, 5 minutes to the best restaurant (Guava Limb). It's very quiet but also feels safe. We had a hot water issue but they were very quick and responsive to fix it. Bing and his family are awesome hosts :)

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple