“Comfortable stay”
Review of Nefry's Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Nefry's Retreat
Ranked #25 of 33 San Ignacio B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Nefry's Retreat over the New Year, found it to be very comfortable, and the owner very helpful on advice in the area and any other queries we had, even offering his personal phone when needing to call my bank from overseas regarding a stolen credit card which was lovely. It is a 5 minute walk from the centre of town, rooms were big with adequate amenities and good value.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We spent 7 nights at Nefry's this December and were happy with our stay. The rooms were a bit old, but very clean, and the owners were happy to help with advice about the area. They had begun renovations during our stay, so the rooms will likely be improved for the next travelers. The location was a short (5 min) walk from the main street and square in town, close enough to be convenient, but far enough to avoid the noise. Overall, a good choice if you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced, safe and friendly place to stay while in san ignacio.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Belize
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The location is good, just a bit out of the way. It is secure and the room was very clean. We are returning customers. The room had a little kitchenette which turned out to be perfect. The staff was helpful and friendly and pretty laid back as we planned to stay for 1 night and ended up staying 3. I recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My wife and I made a last-minute reservation at Nefry's intending to stay one night but ended up extending our stay to 3 nights. It is a small, intimate location and the owners live on site with their family. The rooms are nice with very comfortable beds, an in-room hot and cold water dispenser with free instant coffee and plenty of hot shower water in the in-room bathroom. It was fun being in an actual neighborhood near downtown rather than right on the strip. We met the family's children and saw them getting ready for school all dressed up their uniforms. What really made our visit though, was the level of care and attention we recieved after my wife experienced a medical problem during our stay. The owner called his brother and got a recommendation for an excellent private doctor he had used in Belize City then called and made a reservation on our behalf and arranged a taxi ride for us to the doctor's office! The level of concern displayed made us feel like we were staying with friends. Highly recommended for an authentic friendly experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed at Nefry's Retreat for two nights and I must say the place was exceptional. When I arrived I was greeted by the manager with such a warm welcome. The room was very clean and spacious and I loved that it felt like my own home. The family are very nice people and within the 2 nights I was there I felt like they were my family too. The location is great as well; it's just a 3 mins walk from downtown which made my stay even more accessible. To add even more good news, the family has a tour company that can take you to the most fascinating places in Belize. My trip to San Ignacio was long overdued but my stay at Nefry's made everything worth the while.

So my advise to other travellers planning on visiting our beautiful country Belize, stay at Nefry's Retreat and I can guarantee a good time for a good price :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stay at nefrys was very much worth it. I loved the environment and the homey feeling it has. I love the fact that its attached to the owners house that to me showed concerned and felt very homey. The price was very much worth it for the rooms, I love how natural the place was..they have stones with paintings of fairies and butterflies on them that adds a very unique touch to the atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay at nefrys and will recommend them to any traveller or student on a budget!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Edinburgh
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Nefrys was a good choice for our trip - room 2 was clean and spacious, but dated furniture and A/C wasn't very good. Better than nothing though, and having such a big bottle of water was really helpful - more places should do this!! The courtyard was lovely, the location very quiet and the prices were reasonable. I'd like to see the cats and kittens looked after more, and the water feature etc finished.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple