“Expensive Booking”

Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Let us at BzmTours start your Belize Adventure" is the motto of our company. We strive to do our best and our friendly service is top-notch. Helping you full-fill your Belize Adventure Dream! Come along for the adventure of a life-time! Our knowledge is your learning!
Bismarck, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Expensive Booking”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have not taken this tour. But when I went to book 3-4 hrs trip to Altu Han- $ 585 US was quoted for 3 adults. I know private tours are expensive. Just be aware. Reviews are however good. I wish the costs are posted upfront so we can compare and save time. But I wish them well and have no complaints !

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Parag K

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Good Vacation Thanks to BZM”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited Xunantunich, Che Chem Ha Cave, and Tikal in the span of two days. It was an amazing experience, and mostly because Albert planned it efficiently, timely, and communication was prompt via email. I like how a lunch was prepared and Albert went out of his way to provide a better trip by allowing us to visit a lake and gift shops, which were not part of the itinerary. Rudy, our tour guide for the first day was literally a walking encyclopedia and can answer anything from Mayan Ruins to an obscure plant in the jungle. I definitely recommend BZM!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Stephanie C
bzmtours1, Owner at Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours, responded to this review, 9 April 2015
Dear BZM Friend,

Thank you for your review. I am truly thankful. I am glad you enjoyed all three tours with us. Rudy is an excellent guide and he is truly knowledgeable. I am glad you enjoyed your day with him. I am glad you enjoyed the lunches as well. I do hope you visit again.

Warm regards,
Albert/BZM TOURS
Perrysburg, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Really outstanding”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

BZM was truly outstanding! The owner, Albert, was our driver - very nice, prompt and attentive. When he found out we were interested in birds, he went out of his way to build opportunities for birdwatching into both days we spent with them (Barton Creek Cave and Caracol/Mt. Pine Ridge). This meant a very long day when we went to Caracol (from San Ignacio), but he was very cheerful about it. Our guide, Rudy Neal, has incredible birding skills. Not only is he incredibly good at birding by ear (essential in thick forest habitats), he was able to conjure up the birds he heard by reproducing their calls - way beyond pishing. He also had an excellent knowledge of Mayan culture. Both Albert and Rudy made both excursions so enjoyable and unforgettable. It was like spending two days with two good friends. At both Barton Creek Cave and Caracol we felt like we'd won the lottery with our guide, Rudy. Both Caracol and barton Creek Cave were amazing places to see, but even more so with BZM. The other guides we observed seemed to be far less engaged with their clients -- simply putting in the time and reciting scripted material. Not so with Albert, Rudy and Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Melissa1444
Dear BZM Friend,

Thank you for you 5-star review. I am glad you enjoyed both tours, Barton Creek and Caracol. Both sites are great sites with its own history and archaeology. You had Rudy at both sites and he has a deep and real passion for Belize. He has been dubbed a "walking encyclopedia". I am happy you enjoyed spending the day with him and that you learned alot from him.

Warm Belizean Regards,
Albert/BZM Tours
Miami, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Extremely Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

What should have been a highlight of our trip was just a so-so experience. While Albert was timely in email communication, pick-up and crossing of the border, Luis was lackluster. I had read wonderful reviews for Luis but the day he was with us at Tikal he was very limited in his communications regarding the site and the culture. He notified us immediately when he got into the van that he was no longer licensed and needed to pick up a local guide that he was currently training. We did not mind this because of all of the positive comments (and we were already a captive audience in the van in Guatemala) that have been written. However, he spent most of his time walking ahead of us with the other guide speaking in Spanish (which we only have a limited vocabulary in). When we overheard other guides with their groups, we realized exactly how much we were missing.We had also had another guide, Tall Edgar, the day before at Xunantunich that we could compare to. When he was asked to please provide more commentary, he acted insulted and became even less communicative. Being in a foreign country and dependent on others for transportation, left us with few options but to finish our day with Albert and Luis. I'm just sorry we ever started our day with them. Not only did we lose a day of vacation but it cost us a whole lot of money (that was paid up front).

I'm sorry I can't report a better experience. Albert certainly seemed very nice and I think his experience at Caracol provides him with the background for ruins. However, he is unable to be a guide for Tikal since he is a citizen of Belize and not Guatemala and must rely upon others for the guide services.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank ocean_breezes
bzmtours1, Owner at Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours, responded to this review, 12 August 2015
Hi Bzm Friend,

Thanks for your input and feed back concerning our service, I am really disappointed to hear what had transpired. I have know Luis for so many years and this had never happened before and it is very surprising to me. i had many great feed back from many guest who had tour this amazing site of Tikal with luis.it was just not the luis i had known, but as i always say, no one is perfect we all have our days when something can go wrong.I will definitely bring this to his attention , so that we do not have to go through something like this again. as owner of Bzmtours my apologize goes to you.

Thanks Albert from Bzmtours, looking forward in meeting you sometime in the future back in Belize!!
Alanya, Antalya, Turkey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Place”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A must visit place. The Anciant Mayan Ruines really brings you to the past and you feel the atmospher of the Mayan times. The place is called as Mayan Ruines but nearly all of the pyramids has been kept very well. I have visited Mayan Ruines in Mexico as well but in Belize it is in much better conditions.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ozertuncay
Dear BZM Friend,

Thank you for your review. I am truly grateful for the 5 star. I am happy you enjoyed the ruins and yes, we do try encourage caution when at the site so as to preserve them longer for future generations. I do hope you come back for a visit and let us show you more of the beautiful sites Belize has.

Warm Regards,