“Amazing guide!”
Review of Hanna Stables

Hanna Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanna Stables offers horseback riding, adventure tourism and eco-farm stay for travelers of all ages and abilities in the San Ignacio, Belize area. One of the country's oldest horseback riding establishments, Hanna Stables is currently operated by Santiago Juan.Located not far from Hanna Stables is Nabitunich (The Stone Cottages), a 400 acre spread of land which has been in the Juan family for four generations. Nabitunich has 20 rooms available for accommodations for travelers in Belize and is open to eco-farm stays as well.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing guide!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I got hooked up with Santiago from Maximum adventure in San Ignacio. Our plan was to go for a half day ride to Xunantunich. The river was way to high to cross even by ferry. Santiago took is for a tour of his 400 acre ranch which encompasses an ancient Mayan farm. He is a walking encyclopedia. I highly recommend a tour with Hannah Stables.

Visited November 2013
spratt504, Public Relations Manager at Hanna Stables, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
We apologize again for being unable to take you to Xunantunich, but we are so pleased that you were able to take the farm tour with us. Please come again soon, and we will take you to the ruins.

ithaca, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“5 stars isn't enough”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was my second visit to Hanna Stables and it was even better than before. The first day I had the pleasure of riding with Santiago again and it was great. His love of horses shines through, his intellect makes the conversation lively and varied.
The next day I rode with Terry and 2 young men who were also staying at San Lorenzo farm. It was a completely different ride but just as enjoyable. Terry is lively and chatty and great fun to ride with. The two boys were adventuresome and great riding partners. I can not recommend
Hanna Stables highly enough.

Visited November 2013
Hooray for coming to ride with us not once, but twice! Come back again for a third time :) Thank you for your review!
Nashville, Tennessee
“must do!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

had the best day riding! learned a lot and one of my favorite things we did on our trip! can't wait to go back!

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to have been a part of your trip to Belize!
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Horesback Ride Through the Jungle, With an Excelent Guide”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Santiago took us on a ride through the jungle, through San Jose, and then to the Xunantunich site. It was three of us, plus Santiago, which was nice because it gave us all a chance to talk and get to know one another. Santiago is one of the nicest, most intelligent men I have had the luck to get to meet. I really enjoyed the conversations we had and it really made our trip 100 times better and special. He was very knowledgeable about the area, because it is his back yard, he was pointing out toucans, and showed us what an all-spice tree looked like. He took time to converse with everyone equally and made sure that we were riding comfortably and made sure no one was having trouble. Really it was one of my most memorable experiences and the best horseback ride I've ever taken. If you happen to make it to the Cayo, I would book a tour with Santiago you will not regret it. I know Santiago is busy, but if he sees this review or if anyone wants to pass the message on to him, Pancho Villa from the United States Of America (got it all this time) says hi and thanks for the great experience, if I can make it back down I will definitely be back!

Visited March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review, Alexander! We loved hosting you during your ride and hope you come back again soon. ¡Hasta luego, Pancho Villa desde los EEUU!
San Antonio, Texas
121 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Simply an Awesome Experience! Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Theo from Parrot Nest Lodge arranged our horseback riding adventure through Hanna Stables, 501-664-1536, hannastables@hotmail.com, and they were awesome! We had the pleasure of having Terrie and Everal as our guides for horse backing and Everal for the ruins. My fellow traveler had never been horseback riding before, and they helped ease his fears by helping us become familiar with our horses, Joshua and Jimmie (nicknames I believe). Both Terrie and Everal ensured we knew how to sit, ride, stop and turn the horses. I’d say within less than 30 minutes, we were comfortable with riding. The ride took us through beautiful countryside and next to the river. When it was time to cross the river, we rode the horses onto the floating bridge where the operator manually turned a crank to move the bridge from one side to the other. Thereafter, we rode up to the ruins. Once we reached the ruins, Terrie took control of the horses and Everal led us up for a very informative tour. I can still remember him telling us to “use your claws” (aka hands/fingers) when climbing to the top. He provided a wealth of knowledge, the views were phenomenal, and it was interesting to compare these ruins to others we had visited (Tikal, Cahal Pech, Lamanai) as each had its own uniqueness. I would definitely recommend this crew and company again.

Visited October 2013