“Medicinal Trail”

Masewal Forest Garden Medicinal Trail
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We loved this tour...I was just sad I couldn't take all of the plants home. Our tour guide was very well informed and passionate about his subject, giving first hand accounts of instances when different plants were used in the various capacities. I am also proud to say I can identify a Poison Wood Tree now... :-)

1  Thank Julie M
There are newer reviews for Masewal Forest Garden Medicinal Trail

Reviewed 2 March 2013

On the same grounds as the iguana exhibit so both can be done at the same time. We found this to be a nice walk in the forest and a very educational experience.

3  Thank clancy48
Reviewed 29 October 2012

It;s amazing what kids of plants were used medicinally for various types of ailments, from diabetes, arthritis, contraception, and diarhea..Very informative.enjoyed the fellow that did the tour..

1  Thank TropicalSunBeam
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Its a very nice place to wonder around and the guides are local and very informative. Very interesting flora and fauna

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I've always liked the Masewal trail, and recommend it to all my friends when they are visiting. It's great to do the trail, and then tube the Mopan river, which is right there, for a few hours. Don Beto Cocom recently passed away, but the trail is still being cared for, and some local guides are stepping up to do tours there.

3  Thank DrFeelAwesome