“A lovely day in Tikal”

Edwin's Belize Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Edwin's Belize Adventures, where we give you high quality tours with only professional and well respected tour guides. My self Edwin Gonzalez guide most of my tours and will do my best so that your vacation becomes an unforgettable experience. I am looking forward to taking you places, come on my adventures and you will say that the last time you did something for the fist time was when I went on Edwin's Belize Adventure Tours.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Edwin picked us up right on time, picked up another couple, and we headed for the Guatemalan border. He explained to us exactly how the day would run - he takes us to the border, where we meet our Guatemalan driver, then we meet our guide when we get to Tikal. The driver and guide on the Guatemalan side were friendly and informative. Oliver was our Tikal guide and he was so adorable. He had a bird book and binoculars to spot the toucans for us! Tikal is a lot of climbing on the ruins and it can be very hot. Definitely wear shoes with a tread, it's not a flip flop tour. Afterwards you will have lunch at the bottom of the hill, then head back to the border, picking Edwin up on the way back. It was really. Ice to have Edwin with us for crossing the border both times, as it can be a bit confusing there. Also, his fee for this tour includes ALL costs: border fees, park fees, lunch, everything. Just remember to bring small bills to tip your guides and drivers, they really appreciate it (and deserve it). Only thing that could have made it better would be to have one guide/driver from start to finish, instead of 3, however, this is nearly impossible on this tour unless you're guide has dual citizenship because only Guatemalans can guide visitors to Tikal.

1  Thank CanadaSevens
Eds_28, Owner at Edwin's Belize Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Hello,

I gives me great pleasure to Know that your visit to Tikal was memorable.I really appreciate your kind word and it give me a great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed and like the time you spend with our team. At the moment I am getting prepare and soon I will be license to guide in Guatemala. I will be able to take guest from here all the way to Tikal, Guide them and bring them back personally So I will provide a better service.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I used Edwin for ATM & Tikal. He was very prompt when picking us up for each excursion and even took me to a bank when I realized he only accepted cash. Edwin spoke very good English and really took pride in his work as a guide. His prices were definitely less expensive than most and I would highly recommend him.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your visit to San Ignacio and that I helped in making your vacation memorable. I really appreciate your kind words, it encourages me to always want to provide a better service. I now accept credit card payments through my web site.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Edwin is an amazing tour guide! We had an absolute blast touring some Mayan ruins with Edwin and learning about Belize. It was a 2 hour drive from the cruise terminal to the ruins, but it really flew by talking with him about his country. I asked him a TON of questions during the ride and he knew the answer to every single one of them without hesitation! We didn't have much time before we had to get back to the ship, but he still found the time to stop at a local grocery store for us so that we could buy a bunch of bottles of hot sauce to bring home. As we were on a cruise ship I was a little bit nervous about booking a private tour guide, as I didn't want to get stranded. However, my fears were completely unfounded. Edwin was extremely professional and while with him I knew that he would not let us miss our boat. If we ever return to Belize I will definitely be looking into booking a tour with him again!!!

1  Thank TravelNerd_23

Hello,

I am glad to know that your visit to Belize was memorable, It gives me a great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed it to the fullest. If you ever return to Belize, I will be more than happy to provide my services and share my entire country with you. I really appreciate your kind words, they will help me to become a better guide and the will to provide a better service every time.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Using Edwin's tours for our excursions was the best desion ever. My friend and I couldn't ask for a better vacation. Thanks to Edwin, we were able to visit everything we wanted without feeling rushed. Edwin was very informative, on-time, extremely polite and made us feel comfortable and safe at all times. Thank you Edwin for a great Belize vacation!

1  Thank CLMundo
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We used Edwin for a week. We booked 6 adventures through him. From the pick up at the airport at Belize City Edwin was first class. Always on time, he is a very knowledgeable and an interesting guy. Would recommend anyone to use his services as you won't be disappointed. One trip I would endorse is ATM as it was the highlight of our week in San Ignacio.

1  Thank nevski
Eds_28, Owner at Edwin's Belize Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hello,

I really appreciate such a great review. I really appreciate it and It always makes
me happy to know that my guest have a great time here in Belize and that I met
there expectations here in in San Ignacio