“Best hotel to stay in San Ignacio with Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rumors Resort

Rumors Resort
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in San Ignacio
Austin, Texas
“Best hotel to stay in San Ignacio with Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

We stayed 3 days at Rumours Hotel recently and had a memorable experience. Located on top of a hill on Western highway with great view and close proximity to San Ignacio down town (5 minute ride on a taxi). Service was excellent, clean rooms, good food, bar and nice deck. Location is close to all major Mayan ruins including Tikal in Guatemala. Young owner Francisco and his gir friend Rosie were great hosts.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

This place is great! The accommodations were very comfortable, the hospitality gracious, and the food was great! Price was very reasonable and I will definitely return for the outstanding welcome I got in this beautiful place! Frankie and Rosie are the two people who are responsible for making their customers feel at home..............I appreciate their care and contribution to a very satisfied visit in San Ignacio.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell all rooms are equally excellent!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I've stayed at Rumors many times and each time the experience has been one of kind. From the moment I turn my vehicle off the road and up the hill, my mind is blown away by the scent and closeness of nature at it's best, while checking in the kindness of the staff, lets u know that you've chosen the right place and then on to seeing the special touch they put into making the rooms feel welcoming is extra special. I'm not making all this up, I was just there for the weekend and as I said before each time it's a breathtaking experience. Blessings n guidance of continued prosperity is my wish for you.

Room Tip: I love the room on the upper floor, I like looking out into nature and just meditating on how beauti...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dianfin
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed at Rumors during the summer for over a week. I must say that I have never had such a personable and rememberable experience. The hotel is very safe and the surroundings engulf you with extreme beauty. The owners of the hotel love where they work and it really shines through from the rooms to the full service bar to the landscaping. I have traveled a lot and have never seen such hospitality as Rumors Resort has given me and I am planning my next vacation to be at Rumors Resort.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We got there Monday afternoon and where greeted by nothing but smiles. Very warm friendly atmosphere. I am extremely picky and was very impressed by there cleanliness. There location was perfect just about a mile out of town so very quiet peaceful and beautiful scenery. All aces in my book when we go back we will book here for sure!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

This was a great experience for us to stay here and highly recommended! The scenery was beautiful and so calm and peaceful. The owners were so helpful and friendly they made us feel right at home. Rooms are all Brand new and super clean, and the A/C works better than anywhere else Ive stayed in Belize, As well as the wifi! Don't bother eating breakfast anywhere else, it is so scrumptious and we were given complimentary fresh cut coconuts when ever we wanted. Great way to start the day. Needless to say we will definitly visit this resort again!

• Stayed September 2012
Stephens City, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

The management is very friendly. They seek you out and look to help you. The rooms are very nicely kept and are quite roomy. Great view and great value. This resort is also located very close to the city of San Ignacio which is a wonderful little town with a lot of Native American history. Definitely go!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business