We enjoyed our stay at Rumors in early February 2014. It was a good mid-range budget hotel and we would stay here again.
- We were upgraded to a premium room which was very nice. The room and bathroom were very clean. The bathroom was upgraded and the shower had good water pressure and hot water. The air conditioning worked well. I would recommend staying in a premium room.
- We used the hotel restaurant for breakfast and it was good and affordable. The town of San Ignacio has great food, so definitely eat a couple meals there. Erva’s, Ko_ox Hannah, and Serendib were great.
- The staff was friendly and answered all questions; we especially appreciated Rosie and Francisco.
- We used the transfer service from Belize City, which was nice.
- The hotel is very private and it is quiet. It is $5 to get to town and they call cabs for you and it is easy to get one back to the hotel.
- We enjoy walking places while we are on vacation and it was impossible to do that from Rumors. This is not the hotels fault and they certainly do not advertise this, but we really enjoyed the town of San Ignacio and wish that we could have been a little closer and been able to walk back and forth.
- There is no real space to hang out at Rumors. The dining area is very large; it would be nice if they would make a small seating area there or outside where you could relax outside of your room.
- We only stayed two nights, but no one came to clean our room. This was not a huge deal since we were not there long and were not very messy, but I found this strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumors Resort Hotel is a proud Belizean family-owned and operated hotel Conveniently situated just 2 1/2 miles from San Ignacio Town. Elegantly perched on a hilltop, we offer a relatively fresh/windy ambiance with impressive panoramic views.We cater to travelers seeking a tranquil getaway from the buzz of town in an eco-retreat setting while keeping keeping you well within easy access to town's conveniences. Situated near all major attractions in the Cayo District, we're an ideal outpost for the adventure travelers seeking to experience the best of Belize's cultural, historical and eco-adventure attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Rumors Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumors Resort Belize/San Ignacio