We had never been to Central America and did not know what to expect. We had an adventurous 9 days touring Guatemala, ending up with our rucksacks on our backs walking across the border into Belize. We were met by the lovely Fransisco, our driver from Chaa Creek. We should have realised at that moment that we were in for a fabulous few days.
All the staff at the Lodge at Chaa Creek were friendly, courteous and helpful. It felt like one big family. The grounds were beautiful and filled with wildlife. We saw toucans, an iguana as well as howler monkeys just walking around the lodge and trails. The food was tasty and there was a good choice for our vegetarian daughter. The infinity pool and lounge areas were never too crowded. The trails were peaceful and there was a small museum and butterfly aviary on sight. All of that before we even made it into camp.
Down the medicine trail, along the river, was the most comfortable camping we had ever done. Dosio and his family, particularly his sons Yonni and Ariel, warmly welcomed us. The canvas covered cabins were spacious, lit only by gas lamps. My banker husband, unaccustomed to going 'economy class' soon found the hammock and his binoculars and settled in for the next three days. It was great to see him completely relaxed, no phones, no internet. Just birds and howler monkeys. The food was well cooked and delicious. We liked not having to choose what to eat! My only suggestion for them would be to develop their ideas for vegetarians. Our daughter had rice or potatoes and beans every night. We met lovely friendly people and the view of the stars at night was spectacular. Be prepared to share a toilet and shower- but the facilities were very clean and we had no problems with this arrangement. Don't forget to bring a torch (flashlight)!
We took one tour from Chaa Creek to the Barton Caves. We highly recommend it. Darren our guide kept us safe and was very knowledgeable.
Overall, Chaa Creek can accommodate those wanting 5 Star experience or Glampers with flare and finesse. Thank you for making our 25th Wedding anniversary so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio