“Eco-luxury and Relaxation in Every Detail”

The Lodge at Chaa Creek
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in San Ignacio
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Chaa Creek is nearly perfect. The location of the resort is one of the most beautiful in Belize and the organization runs tightly with every detail considered and every interaction easy and pleasant. The owners and staff take care to balance authentic luxury (without pretense) and outdoor adventure. Do yourself a favor and stay at Chaa Creek to recharge and reconnect with the world.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lane R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this resort. The rooms were so pretty and comfortable. We are a family of 5 and we had plenty of space in a two story cabin. We enjoyed hiking on the property and photographing the flowers and wildlife. There were howler monkeys in the mango tree right outside our door that we loved watching. The staff was so friendly and helpful.
The only thing that wasn't great was the food. It was all good, but for the price, it should have been GREAT. Luckily, it's an easy drive to town, and everything we ate there was really good.

Room Tip: If you have a big family, ask for villa number 22. The monkeys hang out right outside the door.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasTravelGirl48
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent five nights at the Lodge at Chaa Creek and would definitely recommend it. The setting is beautiful, the rooms are large and comfortable, and the staff is helpful and super friendly. Absolutely everyone who works there seemed genuinely concerned about making us happy. There is a nice balance between having plenty to do and being in a nice place to just relax and enjoy. The lodge offers a number of excursions such as canoeing, hiking, and touring Mayan archeological sites; all the ones we did exceeded our expectations. The guides were very informative and helpful. Getting to know them was a bonus. The trip to Tikal, the Mayan city over the Guatemala border, is not to be missed. There is also a nice pool, and guests can take canoes on the river with or without a guide.

The restaurant offers a different menu every night, with fresh bread, soup, salad, a choice of entree and dessert. The staff is attentive, and they were happy to oblige special requests.

We were on a multi-generational trip that included my 12-year old son and my 73-year old mother, and there was something for everyone. We all loved it and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 13 July 2014

While traveling in Belize with a group, we held a meeting at The Lodge of Chaa creek. The conference room was nicely appointed, but a bit warm. Though there was great ventilation, I can't imagine having to meet or a day when it was warmer. We met in the a.m. through noon. The food in the restaurant was awesome! We had chicken and veggie burritos! The dessert was lemon merengue and everyone loved it! Some of us had spa service and those were great also!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We (my husband, 8 yr old son and I) stayed three nights at Chaa Creek in July. From first arrival, the place and people exceeded our expectations. We stayed in one of the cottages (#17). It was convenient to the pool and restaurant. The room was spacious with a lovely bath and outdoor shower. We loved sitting in the hammocks on the porch, especially after a busy day touring.

The people and service were exceptional -very warm, hospitable. We enjoyed every tour (did Mayan ruins, cave tubing and iguana farm). Everyone made sure we had everything we needed. The staff at Chaa Creek are amazing!! We also enjoyed the onsite activities - wonderful pool, night creatures walk, morning bird watching. There is so much to do at the resort which I think is a big plus. Make sure to allow time to enjoy all that the resort has to offer. The restaurant served delicious food, we loved the breakfasts with great coffee!

I could go on...I did a lot of research before I choose Chaa Creek for our inland stay in Belize. (Afterwards we spent time on Ambergris Caye). Read tons of reviews etc. Chaa Creek has a lot of excellent reviews and the reviews are right on! Chaa Creek has done an amazing job creating a place where you are pampered with resort comforts in the midst of unspoilt rainforest and in complete harmony with the surroundings.

One more thing...being in the rainforest I expected bugs. Yet, we were not bothered/bitten by bugs at all. Never used insect repellent. The birds took care of the bugs! I also was nervous about big spiders. ( I did not participate in the night creature walk, but my husband and son did and loved it). I never saw a spider and we did not have any bugs in our room. I would not have been surprised if I did, it is the rainforest! But I was glad that I did not :)

I highly recommend Chaa Creek! It was a memorable time for our family.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The cabins are absolutely beautiful, food was delicious, and the staff was warm and thoughtful. Perfect if you love nature. Butterfly preserves, canoeing, waterfalls and the Tikal ruins nearby. Our next hotel paled in comparison.

Room Tip: I loved the tree top suite-- especially perfect if you are a jacuzzi lover.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Staying at Chaa Creek was like living with all the birds of the jungle and whatever else is in there in the middle of the night. It was a wonderful experience and I loved it. The spa was so relaxing and looking out at the view while getting a manicure was heavenly and then the facial was more than expected, such great treatment. The room was spectacular and the view off the deck even more amazing. I am definitely going back and staying longer next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1 mi away
Mystic River Resort
Mystic River Resort
#1 of 1 in Negroman

Been to The Lodge at Chaa Creek? Share your experiences!