Absolutely awesome lodge experience!! That said, this lodge (location) is not for everyone. Chaa Creek picks you up at the airport and and a local guide transports you by van two hours across the country to the lodge. Some will complain that this is a really long bumpy ride, however it goes by quickly if you engage your knowledgeable guide in conversation about the country of Belize. Chaa Creek is located in the middle of a rainforest. So you should not go to Chaa Creek if you are expecting great shopping and night life. It takes at least 30 minutes to get to any of the off site activities. However there are many activities directly on the lodge grounds including a full service spa, canoeing, horse back riding, guided birding hikes, guided night hikes, new swimming pool, and Blue Morpho Butterfly farm. The food was wonderful with 80% locally grown within 25 miles of the lodge. The staff attended to every detail with many having been employed at the lodge for extended lengths of time. Our accommodations were great, with fresh flower arrangements on a daily basis. We had lots of room in our suite with an awesome view from our shower.
We had the inclusive package choosing trips to Tikal, ATM, and Xunantunich. The guides for each excursion were well informed, friendly, and very helpful... take advantage of these local experts to make the most of your trip. We only wish we had more time. We just got back and are scheming when we can return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio