What an amazing place. It is worth the two hour transfer from the airport. The hotel sent a private car for us. Our driver was there waiting when we arrived and he was very friendly and informative. We travelled with our children (6 and 8)
The weather was hot but a wonderful change from 44 degrees and raining.
The staff at check in were great--so friendly. They walked us to the bar area for lunch and showed us our room. We stayed in a cottage and it was simple but elegant . There was no a/c in the cottages or anywhere but the ceiling fans helped at night. The outdoor shower was more refereshing than showering inside plus hearing the birds was wonderful. THe entire hotel is sumbersed in the jungle without disrupting it. Beautiful trails lit up at night with small lanterns.
Nature sounds were abounding thorughout our stay. We saw the spoder monkeys, amazing birds, iguanas and night creep crawlers. They even gave us butterfly cocoons that would hatch on our last day for us to set free.
Amir at the bar was exceptional and fun to talk to . Felt like the staff made efforts to get know us and were always more than helpful.
There were so many ctivities to choose from we could not do them all in our three night stay. We went to see the local ruins which were fabulous. Some are still not excavated and our guide was so well educated on the Mayans, etc jsut perfect . Our entire family loved it!
The resort offers a package that includes all meals, activities, even the horseback riding and two tours. We also went tour which involved kayaking in caves which was incredible.
The food was fresh and tasty and offered plenty of choice. They offered pretty much anything to our children or small portions of the adult meals offered.
We were pleasanlty surprised that they had installed a fsalt water pool in December. We spent late afternoons just hanging out. It was so refreshing and peaceful!
We canoed upstream to the botanical gardens nearby.
This resort has somehting for everyone! My kids loved it and want to go back.l They even commented on how much thye liked the service there compared to our next hotel on Ambergis Caye.
t was awe inspiring. We loved it. Also loved Belize and its people. I see why so many American give up corporate America to live in a true paradise!
If you are going to explore the local town it is a bit of a hike by cab and pricey. The hotel offers canoes into paddle to town which takes several hours . They will pick you up and bring you back . The cab fare is high but they will let you go on their service truck if you are up for sitting in a cargo vehicle with the staff. We did not go into town and enjoed our two tours and the all the property had to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio