My husband & I spent a week at Chaa Creek and can't wait to return. It is worth the two hour drive into the interior of the country!
The staff is so pleasant and customer-service oriented. We were greeted at the airport by the driver that we arranged through the resort. He was helpful and informative on the drive to the resort. Upon arrival, our bags were taken to our room as we checked in. The front desk clerk personally showed us to our cottage and gave us a brief tour of the property.
Our cottage was what I describe as rustic luxury. Very nice, but don't forget you are in the middle of the rain forest! You will see geckos and ants and other critters. We loved hearing the sounds of the birds each morning waking us up and the private outdoor shower was amazing. There are hammocks for each cottage and we enjoyed our time in those!
The concierge is wonderful. Willing to help with any request. They arranged several activities for us and the arrangements were flawless. We spent a day at Mayan ruins at Tikal in Guatemala (highly reccomend this!), a day at the spa (outdoor massage was wonderful!) and cave tubing at Jaguar Paw (so cool and fun!). It is pricey to arrage it through the resort and I'm sure you can do the same things for cheaper, but it was worth the additional expense for the days off the property to be so well organized.
The staff makes an effort to get to know you and we really enjoyed our servers at dinner (Selbin and Salvador) as well as the bartenders (Saul & Amir). The food ranged from good to wonderful. They have a nice wine selection (except by the glass) and have a featured drink of the day that was always delicious.
The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the new pool is wonderful. I overheard a staff member saying that they plan to install a huge palapa poolside in the near future. That will be a great addition! It did get quite hot at times, but with the breezes and the ceiling fans, we were never truly uncomfortable. I can imagine the cooler months are heavenly!
There is so much to do, you will never get bored, but the best thing to do is relax! It is the best place I have ever been to go "unplug". No phones, no tvs, no cell phones! They do have computers for guests to use if your are desparate for internet access. :)
I had a ton of photos that I was going to upload, but unfortunately, I lost my camera on the flight home. That was the only bad thing about this trip. I guess we will have to go back so I can get more photos!
Get there as fast as you can...you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio