This was our first trip to Belize, and we wanted to experience both the jungle/inland culture as well as the ocean scene. I'm very glad we picked Chaa Creek for our stay on the mainland!
We were picked up at the airport & driven the 2 hour trip to the resort by private transport, which after a long day traveling was quite appreciated. It was nice to have a knowledgeble & friendly driver telling us about the countryside during our ride.
Our suite was quite large - we stayed in the Garden jacuzzi room. It was very nice after a long day visiting the Mayan temples to be able to relax in the tub in our room. My only complaint was the lack of hot water - while it was very warm there, it would've still been nice to take more than a military shower. Be prepared for the noise of the jungle - the sounds of birds, insects, and such was a bit to get used to, at first!
The staff was helpful, friendly, and professional. Our tour guides to Xunantunich & Caracol were well educated about the Mayan culture as well as the specific sites we visited. One guide told us the philosophy of management is that this resort is an ends, not a means. Most staff we talked to had worked there for 10 years or more, which says a lot about the people there.We also enjoyed the butterfly farm (what an experience to watch a butterfly emerge right before my eyes!) & small natural history museum. On our way to our next destination, we visited the Belize Zoo. It's a nice little place to spend an hour or so seeing some of the local wildlife rescued & rbeing ehabilitated there.
The restaurant menu was a bit limited for dinner, but what was offered was quite good. The lunch menu was much more varied & quite good, although we only ate there once in the mid-afternoon.
A lovely pool is located at the center of the resort - I really admired the beautiful blue tile work as well as the infinity-type waterfall cascading off one side.
Chaa Creek prides itself on it's ecological background, and it shows. We didn't take any of the nature hikes or tours, but I'm sure they're just as informative as the temple tours we enjoyed.
If you want to experience the jungles of Belize and stay at an upscale spa/resort, I would definitely recommend Chaa Creek!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio