We had a wonderful time at Chaa Creek. Although elegant and sophisticated, it is very family friendly and relaxed. Children stay in your room for free and their meals are half price which makes it reasonable. The rooms and grounds are immaculate and the pool is the prettiest I have ever seen. I tend to be "community pool" phobic but couldn't wait to dive into this one each day. We couldn't believe a jungle lodge could be so spotless, not to mention virtually bug free (I think it is slightly different at the Chaa Creek "Camp" which is for those who choose to rough it - but still have access to the many resort amenities - so don't confuse the reviews). We went to Belize loaded down with DEET and didn't need it at all at Chaa Creek. The mosquitos are 100 times worse in our backyard in Virginia. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful - the concierges were great. The food was generally good with a few moments of brilliance. The breakfasts were our favorites. Amazing local fruits and meats. The naturalists were very good. My kids learned more about butterflies in the 45 minutes they spent at the nature center than they did in weeks of studying them in school. I got the "coma" at the spa and it was the best massage I ever had. It was 90 minutes on a secluded deck with a cool breeze and the true sounds of nature (birds, howler monkeys, etc.), not the taped ones I am used to hearing in a stuffy, enclosed therapy room in the U.S. There was even a beautiful bowl of flowers on the floor under the face rest to see on the few occasions I opened my eyes. The massage therapist was very skilled.
Overall, I highly recommend Chaa Creek to anyone wanting to visit the Cayo District of Belize.
(In response to the previous review, the phone center isn't consistent. I did get an unenthusiastic response on my first try and almost decided not to bother again. However, my second call was returned promptly with a professional, friendly voice. Don't give up if you aren't satisfied on your first call)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio