Ka'ana Resort(San Ignacio)
US$231
Midas Belize(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$73
Cahal Pech Village Resort(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$86
  • Pool
Rumors Resort(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$90
Lower Dover(Unitedville)(Great Value!)
US$64
River Park Inn(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$55
Western Guest House(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$44
Tropicool Hotel(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$20
San Ignacio Resort Hotel(San Ignacio)
US$477
Maya Mountain Lodge(San Ignacio)(Great Value!)
1,393 results
All reviewshowler monkeysspa villabutterfly farmhorseback ridingmedicine trailorchard villatreetop suitenature centerthe rivergarden jacuzzion siteno electricityearly morning bird watchingmain resortnight walkmayan ruinsprince harry
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Highly Recommend this hotel. When you arrive you get welcomed with a refreshing drink and cold towel that smells delicious. Your bags go directly to your room and we explored. The staff is Super AMAZING :)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2017

So I conned my wife into agreeing to half of our Belize vacation being "roughing it" through the jungle like Percy Fawcett or Indiana Jones and I booked us three days at the Macal River Camp at Chaa Creek. Easily the best vacation idea I've ever had.
When we arrived in the bush (we intrepid explorers refer to the jungle as "the bush") it did not disappoint. Unsettlingly hot and wet. Made me wonder, for an instant, what penance I would have to perform for doing this to my blushing bride. But after being given the tour of our cabin and bathrooms by Docio - the river camp's kindly and competent overseer - I thought I might just pull this one off.
The cabin was clean and inviting. The restrooms and showers, while sparse, were perfectly sufficient and well-maintained. And our included dinner was quite lovely and we were encouraged to have seconds. Climbing into those damp bed sheets inspired another brief moment of trepidation just before I passed right out and slept like a baby all night.
Chaa Creek provided no lack of fascinating things to do for our stay and my sultry consort and I mused that a person could shun the packaged activities and easily kill three days simply hiking the grounds and low-crawling through the bush like a Navy SEAL, if one was so inclined... and nobody was looking. (She let me.)
The hike from the camp to the resort proper was just arduous enough to make a middle-aged guy feel like he was pushing himself through the untamed wilds. But not arduous enough to deter him from reaching the pool.
The guides and the staff were welcoming and fun and they universally went out of their way to make sure my southern belle saw every exotic creature that happened to cross our path. I, personally, guarded the women while Docio wrangled a tarantula -as big as your face- who attempted to join us at dinner.
The entire experience was surreal in the best of ways. And I will remember it well into the next life.
Now, some will say this review is too gushing. The rose-colored memory of a man-child trying to recapture his youth.
And I would say to them- The bush changes a man. It heightens his senses and hones his skill. Searing every detail into his mind. And I wonder if I will ever again sleep as soundly and as satisfied as I did in those damp campsite sheets.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank brotherthad
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Our group was extremely satisfied with the knowledge of the guides, the quality of the food, and the friendliness of the staff. The casitas were adequate shelter and the bath house was always clean and comfortable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Our family had an awesome time. Perfect place if you are up for an adventure! We saved money by staying at the camping area. They have nice spacious cabins. Just know there is no electricity. They have kerosene lamps for evening. Our teenagers walked to main Chaa Creek lodge to get wi-fi. Our whole family did hike daily to swim in the pool and be pampered at lodge. Good way of getting in our exercise. We also had fun using the canoes which were available to guests at no additional cost. The host family cooked delicious meals for us. The first night was a little scary due to the sounds of the animals but we eventually got used to it. We also met other nice families.

Room Tip: This lodge is close to nearby Mayan pyramids. We especially enjoyed visiting Xunantunich and did a day trip to Tikal, Guatemala.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My days in the hotel Chaa Creek were perfect! There was a great survice from day one. There was enough privacy and it was like I was staying in the centrum of a jungle but with a lot of confort and luxe. I had a new expirience that I loved. Chaa Creek organised a lot of activities, I loved them one by one. Unfortunately I didn't do all of them because of the time limit I had. The activity that I loved the most was 'the night walk'. The accompanist was very nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family