On a recent trip to Belize we spent 3 days/nights at Windy Hill Resort. I was under the impression we'd be walking distance from the "downtown" area, but with the heat and humidity, we weren't keen on the walking idea. Instead, we opted for cab rides back and forth, which were about $5 USD each.
As for the actual grounds of Windy Hill, there is a front office, which also houses a small gift shop. This front area is where you'll be able to access wi-fi. Across a small road from the front office, you'll find a walkway that leads to the restaurant, the bar, the gym, the pool and the cabins.
To be honest, we didn't explore the grounds much, we were basically out and about all day and came back to the room to sleep. I can just say that the grounds are peaceful and there is a tropical feel to the property.
The structure we stayed in had 2 separate rooms. Our room was clean and simple. It included two full size beds with a ceiling fan over each bed. There was a nightstand between the beds and lights above the small headboards of each bed. There was also a TV across the room, which we watched at night. No phones, by the way, which is great! Near the bathroom there was a small closet where you could store your bags and hang a few items. The bathroom was very simple: toilet, sink, mirror over the sink and a shower. Nothing fancy by any means but definitely served its purpose.
Lucky for us, our neighbors (the room next door), were great! We shared a front porch with them, although, again, we didn't spend much time on the grounds. Each of the two rooms in the structure had a hammock in the front porch area, where you could relax if you wanted.
Don't forget to bring your insect repellent! We had no problems with bugs inside the room, other than a spider, but while using the wi-fi near the front office we were bitten repeatedly by little mosquitoes.
We had breakfast at the restaurant on the grounds once and the food was fine. For dinner, however, we opted to go into town to try different restaurants.
As for customer service, everyone who we dealt with at Windy Hill was absolutely fabulous!! I'd definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio