We stayed here for a week in one of the cabins, which are spacious and comfortable with a conditioned double bed, hardwood floors and a hammock on the outside deck. they are air conditioned but a fridge would have been welcomed
we opted for the full board option which was a good deal. The menu, whilst not extensive, offered enough choices for a week and the food was not fancy but very good. Service is very friendly and accommodating but can be a bit slow.
The grounds are very attractive and the property has its own small nature trail, a very basic (and stifling hot) gym and a very cute, small infinity pool with decent sun loungers - although ther
aren't many of them which could be an issue when the place is full.
we pre-booked quite a lot of activities which were overall fine but expensive and you are probably better waiting until you arrive and organising through one of a number of tour operators in the town.
you can walk to San Ignacio town along the highway within 30 mins, although not at night as no sidewalk or lighting. However a taxi is only around 5 USD. The town is quite lively with shops and casualrestaurants and a good market on Saturdays. The proximity to the road mens it is vrry convenient, although the down side is you do get some traffic noise.
drinks at the resort are a bit pricey but there is a great bartender and for something refreshing and non alcoholic you must try the lime juices, which are wonderful.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio