This is a nice resort. It is very clean in the rooms and the grounds. The pool was a nice presentation but was marred by the cloudy green water. I don't go in pools that are not clear as it usually indicates there is something amiss with the ph and or cleanliness . When I went online to book I found it easier to just phone them. They have rooms with double beds I was told. I said that was a little small did they have anything else. Yes came the reply we have a king unit with an up charge of about $15.00 Belize . Great says I. The king unit is only available one night comes the reply. Not good enough says I. They check and oh look you can have it for your two night stay. Great book it. Done. We arrive the next day and a very friendly fellow greets us and sends us to our room. Hold it this has 2 double beds, not what I ordered. We will check and oh look the next cabana over has a king bed and we can move. Great. Off to the restaurant for supper. Nope it is closed after I specifically asked for its hours of operation. Oh well the bar is open along with our free drink. We can get food in the bar . Great lets eat. The food is good and the service was great. Where I am going with all this is it seemed to me nobody communicates in this establishment so make sure you are very specific with your questions and requests if you want the correct answer. Next we booked a trip to the Famous ATM CAVE with the front desk guy. We were told not to discuss the price with others on the tour as we were getting a special deal. This always makes me nervous. Are we getting a deal or the shaft? Turns out it was the shaft as far as price goes compared with other operators in town, but the tour was definitely worth doing and our guide Ian from Yute Expiditions was knowledgeable and very conscientious of our safety. There are only 23 guides and from observing other groups they all seem good. This is an all day trip and you should be able to walk ,stoop , crawl, and generally be flexible to squeeze through tight spots in neck deep cool water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio