We stayed at Windy Hill after cancelling our stay at a higher end resort which we found to be too isolated from town. We were very impressed with Windy Hill. While this is not a high end resort, it has everything you need. We had an air conditioned deluxe cabin with in-room wifi and a TV (rare in Belize!) The staff were very accomodating and the food at the resort was tasty. Benny at the front desk was extremely helpful The taxi into town is only $5 US (at our last resort it had been $25). The pool was fairly large, but not the fanciest and was missing some tiles (as well, the water was quite murky-but there were lots of kids using it all the time). The resort is closer to town, so not really in the jungle at all, but still fairly lush and we saw some cool birds.
I would certainly stay at Windy Hill again. It has all the basics and is a good base for exploring the general area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio