We stayed at Maya for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon because we wanted to see ATM before heading off to the beaches of San Pedro. The staff was very friendly before and during our stay and the food was incredible! The first night we had an Asian inspired meal and it was delicious! We assumed breakfast would be something small (ie blah American continental breakfasts) and simple but it was a nice large meal that got us ready for our trip to ATM. We brought back some chocolates and wine we purchased on our way back from the tour and they let us keep our items in the fridge so we didn't have to lug it back and forth between our room and the kitchen area. The rooms were small but comfortable. Since it's an eco-lodge, you aren't going to get full AC or a huge bathroom but it was very nice and the price was great! The hotel was at the top of a hill so walking to town wasn't an option but they were happy to call us a taxi for our dinner in town. All in all, it was a great place to start our Belizean adventure and honeymoon. Thank you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maya Mountain Lodge is a small family run eco-jungle lodge located 3/4 Mls. On the Cristo Rey Road, only five minutes from downtown San Ignacio, Belize. Offering 15 air conditioned units varying from family cottages equipped with kitchenettes to our standard rooms. We also have economy rooms for the budget conscious. Weekly and monthly rates are available for up to 70% discount. We are famous for our dining service which features cultural meals of the different ethnic groups in Belize. Dining reservations are recommended. We also offer cooking courses when booked in advance. We have a tour desk which provides safe, reliable tours of high quality and which are fun as well as educational. There is a pool, nature trails, tropical gardens,conference room, spa, and free WiFi. Our Wellness Center provides spa, educational courses, wellness cooking classes, yoga, and alternative healing referrals. Hiking, birding, and both guided and self tours of organic and tropical gardens available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maya Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Mountain Hotel San Ignacio
- Maya Mountain Lodge Belize/San Ignacio