Top quality in the border of Belize with Guatemala. Although facilities are not new, they are very well kept and rooms, general facilities, and the park are 1st class. Probably the best around, and worth stopping by. If you are in your way to Guatemala from Belize, worth spending overnight and cross the frontier in the morning. Also a great stop when coming from southern Yucatan in mexico to Tikal in Guatemala, or viceversa. A great base for visiting the many interesting maya sites close by: Caracol (1 hr drive south), Cahal Pech (in San Ignacio city), El Pilar (aprox 1 hour drive north), Kunantunich (15' drive).
My only complain is that the girl working in the office next to reception doesn't have a friendly attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize