My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of November. We had a garden room because it was actually recommended by the staff. Even though it didn't have some of the upgrades (you can look them up on the website), we felt it was more in tune with what Belize is all about....looking out into the trees, the birds, etc. Never thought we could get a hotel at this price. The room was immaculate to the detail.
The staff was professional and most helpful. Our first day there we did the ATM. Naturally we came back with all wet, dirty clothes which didn't know what to do with so we put then on our lanai. These were just old gross clothes that we thought we would just throw away because we knew they would never dry but when we got back from our Mayan ruin trip the next day, there they were, on our bed, cleaned and dried.
Breakfast was great, eating outside and watching the toucans. We never ate dinner there but that is because we wanted to try some other places recommended by TA.
The hotel itself has beautiful grounds, so many flowers everywhere. We also did the hotel's iguana tour. Very interesting and would highly recommend.
By our standards this hotel was superb, even the price. If you need to be on a tighter budget, we saw other places for sure and that is what we usually go for. This trip was for my 60th birthday and I felt that 4 nights for the 3 during this special was truly a bargain!
One thing, in case you haven't heard, the hotel is a steep walk up a hill. If you go to dinner late in the evening, bring flashlight or just get a taxi which is about $2.00.
Again, want to say, it was immaculately clean, staff was so professional, flowers everywhere. Would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize