“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in San Ignacio
Redcliffe, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

San Ignacio Resort Hotel was a fabulous place to stay. I was there for 3 nights and really enjoyed my private courtyard and wonderful grounds. I took a tour through the Iguana Farm with Bert, the guide. He was very helpful and made sure I was introduced to the various Iguanas! Great fun.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Peoria Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Grounds are beautiful, the rooms nicely decorated and roomy including a personal patio. Service i 5 star and the Green Iguana tour should NOT be missed. You get to hold the iguana's while learning about them. The arranged a trip to TIKAL for us, another tour you should not miss. I will be telling everyone I know about the San Ignacio resort Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Foster, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were not thrilled with the stay as it was not a real Belizian experience but a typical American one. Food was not good and for the price of the room and food, we were pretty disappointed. Pool was great except for kids breaking glass in it. Rooms are nice though. Green Iguana Project was the star and highly recommend that. Front desk staff was nice but wait staff was not hospitable at all. There were a few star employees and I wish I remembered their names. We will not go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

we stayed at your hotel resort on our first trip to belize. we were very happy with the desk staff. everyone was so helpfull. very good food and very clean. thankyou so much we look forward to seeing you again on our next visit to belize.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank guitarto
Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just got back from our first trip to Belize. Our time at this hotel was wonderful, the staff amazing especially the front desk. From the minute we arrived we felt like welcome guests. There was some construction going on while we were there, starting around 7:00 a.m. The work was near the dining room area except for one morning when it was outside our patio. SInce we were going on excursions we were awake around then anyway and it didn't really matter.
Breakfast on the terrace was quite a treat, just a beautiful setting and again the staff so attentive. This was a wonderful start to our vacation and I would come back here without questions!!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you want a room that doesn't face the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SMac
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I spent 5 terrific nights at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel and the staff treated me like royalty. I wanted to believe it was just me, but by noticing the interaction with other guests, it's clear "exceptional service" is the norm. I came to this part of the country to enjoy the Mayan sites (many!) and active excursions (don't miss ATM!) which the hotel was able to help arrange through their in-house tour department. As this was my first trip to Belize, I did look into staying at other hotels but wanted something more accessible to town that could offer a degree of personal comfort for a solo traveller. San Ignacio Resort Hotel fit the bill perfectly. My room (Regal Room) was quite nice and the bed very comfortable. When I wasn't touring around, I spent time at the pool reading my book with cocktail in hand. Now who can beat a $4.50 US mai tai – that actually had alcohol in it! Ohhh yes, I will definitely be back! Thank you San Ignacio Resort Hotel!

Room Tip: I was quite happy with my Regal Room on the Spa/poolside of the hotel. Included a balcony area with...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I had a wonderful time at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel! The customer service was the best I've ever seen anywhere. The front desk staff was exceptional. They always greeted me by name as I passed by the lobby - this shows a huge commitment to making guests feel at home. I also really appreciated the intro tour when I checked in.
My room with terrace was terrific. The bed was huge, the bedding was ample and comfortable, the TV had a ton of channels, and the bathroom was five star.
The restaurant was excellent in every way. The food was awesome and it came quickly. For dinner I had liver twice (can't get that at home!), shrimp cocktail, and the ceviche at least twice. The Belizean breakfast was wonderful as well. Carlos and Vanessa were amazing with their friendly, enthusiastic service at breakfast, dinner and room service.
When I return to San Ignacio I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo