I have been leading small group educational tours to Central America for 40 years and can say that the San Ignacio Resort in Belize is among the very best in which I have had a group stay. Besides its great location near downtown yet still overlooking tropical forest above the Macal River, what makes this place stand out is the wonderful customer service. This hotel's customer service is outstanding. Everyone is quick to please, has a smile, is helpful and flexible. The concierge and guests services folks are informative and willing to accommodate the variety of needs that a mixed group of travelers request. Our arrival pickup and our return to the airport as well as the hotel arranged tours were always on time with friendly, articulate and informative drivers and guides (Cruz and Ted). I can especially recommend the hotel's Mayan Expedition package which includes meals, guided tours with excellent archaeologist guide to Tikal, Xunantunich, Cahal Pech and Caracol as well as an excellent tour of the hotel's medicinal plant trail and Green Iguana Conservation Project. The wait staff and housekeepers always give you greetings with eye contact and a smile. Another plus for this hotel is the quick turn around time with e-mail correspondence. In planning for a group I generally have several questions for the hotel management as we develop a tour. The sales person with whom I worked, Marlon Naj, was always quick to specifically answer and confirm our requests and the accounts service manager, Fidel Mendez, quickly serviced our payments as additional guests were added to our reservations list. Once we had booked our stay for five nights, I immediately received an e-mail message from the Guest Services Manager and Concierge, Onil Avilez, outlining activities for our group. When we arrived, Mr. Avilez met with our group to welcome us and to describe our activities and the amenities of the hotel. Each evening before dinner, he would give tell us how to dress for the next days activities, identify departure times and return times and the meal service included in the day's activities. He made my job easy! The front desk, led by Amiris and her colleagues, were always quick to respond to our group's requests. They worked with an air of friendliness and confidence and never displayed any annoyance with a guest's inquiry. It was a great experience for us all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize