We were three ladies traveling together. We loved the hotel, had plenty of room for the three of us. Lots of birds and iguana to see while we dined. Food was very good. Hotel was doing renovations, so kitchen didn't always have what was on the menu, but what we had was very good. Staff was so helpful from the guys changing light bulbs to the ladies at the front desk. Excursions were very good and the guides were very knowledgeable. Belize is still undiscovered, however the government as well as the guides are rvery proactive in saving their archeological treasures and making Belize a top tourist destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize